Day 24: Revisions

It was a lazy sunday afternoon at the Faulkerson's residence. It was Richard Sr.'s birthday and there was to be a dinner celebration that night at the Faulkerson home. Maine was invited and Alden convinced her to spend the afternoon with him at their house catching up on Game of Thrones.

As Alden sat on the couch deeply engrossed in the television, Maine sighed and looked around. It wasn't that she was bored. She just wasn't as avid a fan as he was. A shelf with photo albums caught her eye. She made her way over and picked out one and sat back down beside him.

She opened it and immediately realized these were old pictures of Alden. There were photographs of him during his pageant days with a few from when he was starting out in showbiz.

As she flipped the pages, she was having a difficult time suppressing her giggles.

"Shhhhh." Alden frowned, with his eyes glued to the screen.

"Sorry." Maine whispered but as soon as she saw the next picture a loud snort escaped from her.

"Ano ba tinitingnan mo dyan?" Alden looked over at the open book on her lap.

"Yung picture mo kasi. Yung naka costume ka na parang shokoy." She pointed at the photo as her laughter rang throughout the living room.

"Maine naman eh. Of all albums ito pa yung talagang kinuha mo." He tried to pull the album towards him.

"Just let me look. I promise I'll try not to laugh." She giggled as he scowled at her.

She turned the page and noticed a folded piece of paper in between. She opened it as Alden leaned over and peered at the paper. He snatched it away before she could get past the first word.

"Hey! What's that? Why don't you want me to see it? Secret ba? Love letter ba?" She folded her arms across her chest.

"No. It's just a bucket list that I did a few years back." Alden said as he read what was written down.

"I want to see it." Maine held out her palm, "Please?"

"Huwag na. This is so old already." Alden said refolding the paper.

"Sige na. I want to know your list. You already know mine." She insisted.

"Tell me what's on your list again and I'll let you read mine." He smiled at her.

"Why don't I write down my list and we can exchange para fair." Maine said as she looked for a paper and pen.

A few minutes later, they sat quietly side by side reading each other's bucket lists.

Maine's bucket list:

1. See Coldplay live ✔️

2. Get married

3. Have kids

4. Get lost

Alden's bucket list:

1. Build a house of my own

2. See the Northern lights

3. Climb Mount Fuji

4. Have an audience with the Pope

5. Find love

Alden looked up from Maine's list, "I did that list a while back. Some things on it have changed already. If you don't mind, can I have it back and revise it?"

"Only if you'll let me add to mine." Maine said as she held out his sheet.

They exchanged papers and after a couple of minutes of writing, Alden handed his paper to

Maine.

"This is my revised bucket list. Updated to reflect the changes in my life."

Alden's bucket list:

1. Build a house of m̶y̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶  our own

2. S̶e̶e̶  Experience the Northern lights under a "sky full of stars" with you

3. C̶l̶i̶m̶b̶ M̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶F̶u̶j̶i̶   Climb any mountain as long as it's with you

4. H̶a̶v̶e̶ a̶n̶ a̶u̶d̶i̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ w̶i̶t̶h̶ t̶h̶e̶ P̶o̶p̶e̶  Get the Pope's blessing as a couple

5. Find love --> Found YOU

Maine intertwined her fingers with his and gently kissed him. "Here's mine."

Maine's bucket list:

1. See Coldplay live ✔️ --> with you

2. Get married --> to you

3. Have kids --> together

4. Get lost ⤵️

5. As long as I can be found by YOU