Chapter 22: Team

*Jean's POV*

"Look, how was I supposed to know he has teammates? And how was I supposed to know who they are? He never tells me about these stuff, ever."

"Hey, you're Marco's boyfriend. If you don't know everything about him, find another way. Stalk him if you need to. I just want a better explanation to why Farlan was with him and why Farlan is alive."

"Look, this already happened to me. My advice? Stay as calm as possible."

"You know what, I'm not following your orders. And you wanna know why?"

"I wanna say why...?"

"Because me being calm is too much of an understatement. again, if you don't know everything, find another way."

Those were the last words Isabel said to me before slamming the door open. Let me stop there to explain the situation. So it turns out, on our way back home from the beach, we had another encounter with Marco.

But he wasn't alone. In fact he was with three other people we thought were dead. Mina, Thomas, and as Isabel had already said earlier, Farlan.

She's going through the same situation as I did when I found out Marco was alive. And he saw me there. I know she's going to be enraged but I don't want her to end up like me, where many emotions were all over the place. I don't want her to be everyone's burden like I was.

As she slammed the door open, she yelled, "By any chance, does Armin still have that stupid journal of Marco's? Because if I don't have it in the next...five minutes, I'm literally gonna STAB A B****."

That just caught the attention of Sasha and Connie. But they don't know about it yet so at first they were curious,

"Um Isabel is everything okay?" Connie seemed scared when he asked that.

"It's-//"

"It has something to do with Farlan."

She eyed me with anger. It's serious this time, and it didn't look like she tried to imitate Levi this time,

"Look, I know you're trying to sound powerful. Believe me, everyone does. And I know you didn't have this mystery case experience kind of feeling with your guy because you met with him when you had your share of this experience. Well guess what? It's my turn. So let me do the talking, okay horseface?"

"...okay."

Note to self, never ever ever piss Isabel off in a way it would end like this. You will regret it and you will not know to respond like I'm feeling right now.

She returned her focus to telling Sasha and Connie what was going on. She took a deep breath before saying anything, "He's alive. Farlan is alive."

And we got the response anyone would suspect. Plain surprise, "WHAT!?!"

Petra had just walked in with Levi. From the staircase. She heard the news, and ended up gagging a little bit in the process.

"That's impossible..." Sasha shook her head in denial, "This doesn't make any sense...you said you saw his bloody corpse from the explosion of your house."

"Well it turns out, he must've placed a fake corpse on the house to distract me, while he left to pursue his own life as the supposed "hero" of Shiganshina. And to think..."