White and Bright

Depuis le début

They grumble and fumble for a few more minutes before finally sitting up straight, a little too close for my opinion, but there's no space in the front to begin with. Suddenly they both turn to each other with small smiles upon their faces and I raise an eyebrow, when their staring and blushing continue I end up coughing to grab their attention.

"Uhm is there anything I need to know?" I question.

Rafa is first to shake her head and stutter out, "no what would there be to know. I mean you're Raif you already know everything that needs to be known because that's just how you are with your kno-" she's cut off by Mikhail's hand being placed upon her mouth.

"Yeah, be quiet." Is all he says to her before turning to me, "so where to?"

I ignore the glares and glances they give each other and instead turn to my journal, it was a hard and slow process getting to where I was when they found me just because I didn't have this trusty old thing. My brain tends to plan better when it writes everything down, since I didn't have that I was slower than I expected.

"Uhm just a few kilometres ahead towards a place where you can get snow tires, then 140 km up north, an exit from the highway, then we'd have to take it by road there, not a very dense place but we have to get past the tourists." I mumble thinking of a way to avoid any potential traffic there.

"After that we keep climbing until we meet my friend Ajax who's a professional climber, weird I know. Then a trek towards a campsite where we will lay, then we continue by foot. Ajax will lead but he doesn't wanna go all the way so he's gonna show me towards another site where we rest for two hours, then I take a picture of Ajax waving to me as he leaves, then we continue, or I continue if you two can't do it, and then you'll see.

Then you'll see the magic happen."

Rafa's pov

Raif's ends off with a grin plastered to his face, I sit in silence, in awe at how he planned everything, but Mikhail is the one to question the biggest question.

"How in the world did you get all of that," he pauses, "from scribbles and drunk drawings in your journal!?"

Raif smirks and throws us a wink, "it's coded in adventurer code. I made it up."

"Alrighty then, let's get a move on." I say excitedly feeling some weird feelings, "is this that feeling you were describing Raif?" I ask with a grin as warm tingles rise up through my body at the thoughts of our adventure ahead.

My brother turns to me and grins even wider than before, "you feel it?! See I told you!"

Mikhail turns on the car and gives us both a look, "you siblings are hysterical why do I even know you."

"Pfft you're glad you know me." I say feeling him lean a bit closer to me, "hm true very true," he mumbles with a small smile. I'm too lost in the warmth and the rich musky smell that's coming from him to notice that Raif has turned his full attention on both of us.

"What the bloody hell is this?"

"What?" Mikhail asks with a cheeky innocent smile as I try to hide my face knowing that with one look at my face Raif can decipher everything.

"This!" He motions his hands dramatically between us, "uh nothing?" Mikhail says but it sounds more like a question as he turns his eyes away from his best friend.