#16

Week 11: July 13: Doctor office

Precious sat in the doctor office looking around for Caleb. They hadn't talk the whole week, but she thought he would at least showed up for their child appointment. She guessed not. She wasn't about to dwell on it. It did hurt her, but she would be okay.

"Precious Little," The doctor called her name. Precious looked back at the door one more time to see if Caleb would show up, but he didn't.

Precious swallowed back tears and stood up. She followed the doctor to the back. She walked in the exam room and paused. Caleb had his eyes close with his head resting on the wall. She wondered how did he even got back there and she didn't saw him.

Caleb eyes fluttered opened and he looked at her.

"You thought I forgot, huh?" He asked her. Precious merely nodded her head.

Caleb scoffed while he shook his head.

"Good morning mom and dad," The obgyn greeted them. Caleb and Precious waved at her. "Precious, sit on the examine table for me please."

Precious did what she was told. The obgyn talked to Precious and Caleb about Precious being stressed.

"It's not good for the baby. Precious you're still earlier in your pregnancy. It's still likely for you to have a miscarriage. Calm down mama, I can place you on bedrest if you like."

Precious shook her head no. She needed to stop stressing. She didn't want to harm her baby. That was a scary feeling. Yet she was so young with a child and it felt as though she was having a lot of problems with it. She never wanted that to happen. She loved her baby already.

"Lie down for me Precious, and lift your shirt. I want to check the baby heartbeat for a moment," The obgyn stated.

Precious did what she was told and lifted her shirt up. The obgyn placed the baby monitor on Precious stomach to check the baby heartbeat.

"Still strong," The obgyn smiled. It warmed Precious heart to hear her baby heartbeat. It moved tears to her eyes. The doctor wiped the gel off of her stomach and helped Precious up.

"I'll see you guys in another month. Stop stressing, Precious," She gave Precious a knowing look.

Precious smiled. "Yes ma'am."

Precious and Caleb walked out the doctor office in silence. Precious wanted to say something to him, but didn't know what to say.

"Are you hungry?" Caleb asked her.

"Duh, Caleb. When am I not hungry?" Precious asked him.

"True," He mumbled. Precious glared at him. "You said it, not me," He laughed.

Precious didn't know it will be this awkward with them. She hated that it had to be this. She did miss him.

"Leave your car here, let's go get something to eat," Caleb stated to her.

They made it to his car and Caleb hold the door open for her. He around to his side of the car and got in.

Five minutes into the drive Precious fell asleep. Caleb knew that was happening. That gave him time to map out his plan without her asking him what was it he doing.

An hour later Precious woke up confused as in why they were still on the road. She looked over at Caleb as he drove. He looked deep in thoughts.

"Caleb where are we?" Precious asked him.

"Do you trust me?" He asked her. Precious cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Caleb where are we?" Precious asked him again.

Caleb sighed and glanced at her. "Out the state."

"Precious eyes bugged out her head.

"Please tell me you're lying!" She exclaimed.

Caleb shook his head no. "We can be together now, without anyone disturbing us. Its just us Precious."

Precious sat in her seat a little bewildered from his attitude and calmness right now.

"Caleb I want to go back home," She stated, nonchalantly.

Caleb pulled over on the side of the road.

"You don't want to be with me anymore? Is that it? I thought you love me. I thought we were in this together. We only have each other and our baby," He touched her stomach.

Precious shook her head. "This not the way Caleb, we can't run from our problems. What you doing is creating more problems by running away. Have you forgotten that we are just kids Caleb? We can't just run away like this."

Caleb sighed deeply and reached out to touch her face. "I can't go back, P." He held his head down.

"Why can't you?"

"I don't want to stay in that group home. I can't stand it," He said, honestly.

"Group home?" Precious arched an eyebrow.

Now or never. Caleb thought.

"When I was just in middle school I was put in a group home, due to me being bad. I used to fight my parents. I caused my mother to have a miscarriage. I set our house on fire, and I burnt my mother hair. I was discharge from there when I started high school. I was doing better. I try to do better, until my parents pushed me again. I fought my father and they...well I gave them my phone to call. I had to get out there. So I escape," He shrugged as though it wasn't a big deal.

Precious stared at him with her mouth dropped.

"Caleb you're crazy."

"No I'm not. I just want attention. I just want to be loved."

"Daisy loved you."

Caleb scoffed. "I never wanted her. The idea of being popular was a great feeling. Having popular friends and shit. That shit was love, but it was aggravating. Especially for me. I became the dude everybody wanted to be. Star basketball player. Track star. You name it, I was it. I wanted to fit in and I did. Daisy was just an added bonus," He said truthfully.

"You were so easily to have sex with. You gave in so easily. It wasn't my plan to get you pregnant. I just wanted to lose my virginity. And I did. I grew feelings for you. I love you, and I never want to let you go. Ever." He said looking into her eyes.

Precious swallowed hard at that ever.