About the Derivatives

A quick explanation on all of the derivatives of the punk subgenre:

Cyberpunk: 

- a subgenre of fiction, tending to focus on 'high tech, low life'. Features technological advancement, and the breakdown or change of the and social order. 

Biopunk:

- a subgenre of fiction, characterized by advancements in biotechnology. Tends to describes the struggles of groups, usually the product of human experimentation.

Nanopunk:

- a subgenre of fiction, characterized by the use of nanotechnology. Occasionally may feature the restrictions of biotechnology.

Steampunk:

- a subgenre of fiction, set in the Victorian Era where steam is the main source of power.

Dieselpunk:

- a subgenre of fiction, set between the beginning of WW1 and the end of WW2. Features the diesel engine as the main source of power.

Clockpunk:

- a subgenre of fiction, set in the Edwardian era. Features the main source of power to be clock gears.

Stonepunk:

- a subgenre of fiction set in the Stone Age.

Elfpunk:

- a subgenre of fiction set in contemporary times where faeries and other magical creatures have been placed in a modern setting.

Mythpunk:

- a subgenre of fiction which focusses on transforming folklore rather than retelling it. Often brings in feminist and multicultural approaches, or subverts the societal norm.

Dreampunk:

- a subgenre of fiction which focusses on the powers of dreams in a dystopian setting.

Atompunk:

- a subgenre of fiction set in the pre-digital twentieth century. 

Solarpunk:

- a subgenre of fiction that features solar energy as the main source of power.

Sandalpunk:

- a subgenre of fiction with technology based on legendary inventors and inventions of the ancient world.

Capepunk:

- a subgenre of fiction featuring superheroes

Cattlepunk:

- a subgenre of fiction, in a primarily western setting with robots, space and gadgets thrown in.

Desertpunk:

- a subgenre of fiction primarily featuring a desert and surviving the harsh climate.

Dungeonpunk:

- a subgenre of fiction where magic takes the place of technology in a world.

Oceanpunk:

- a subgenre of fiction, primarily focussing on ocean exploration.

Skypunk:

- a subgenre of fiction, primarily set above the ground in the sky.