There's Nothing I Won't Understand || 9

Downtown Apartments — [Insert Fancy Restaurant Name]
YOUR POV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tessa clasped on her diamond stud earrings. She wore a plain, black dress that ended at her mid-thigh, her hair up in a pony tail with a black bow, completed with black, high-heeled ankle boots. She looked absolutely gorgeous.

   "Oh Y/N, I'm so excited!" Tessa squeals happily, twirling around. I nodded in agreement; I had to see what was going on!

   "I can see that. Speaking of which, you should head on out." I tell her, glancing at the analog clock on the wall.

   "Of course! I'll see you later Y/N!" She gives me a quick hug as she moves swiftly out the door. I'll see you sooner than you might think, I think, as if I was saying the statement to Tessa mentally. As soon as Tess' steps faded out, someone knocked on the door.

   "Hey Cory!" I say, opening it up to see his camera face. I smiled brightly, closing the door behind me as we went towards the stairs.

   "You ready for this?" He asks, looking at me. We trotted down the steps just in time to watch Nick guide my roommate out of the building to their date.

   "Ready?" I ask him. "I was born ready." I say, a confident look on my face. Cory chuckles, and we creep through the lobby, staring at the two walk off to [Insert Fancy Restaurant Name Here], or whatever it was called.

   "I was ready before I was born!" He jokes, adjusting his camera lense. Why were we stalking our best friends? We weren't going to ruin the date, they'd never forgive us for that! Me and Cory were just greatly curious about the events that were soon to come! Maybe a little too curious . . .

   After about five minutes, the two entered the stylish building. 'The lovebirds have entered the building!' I announced in a whisper, getting a stifled laugh out of Cory.

   "Okay, let's do this!" Cory whispers to me, pulling out a pair of binoculars.

{_}.  {_}.  {_}.  {_}.

Cory and me took turns supervising, making sure we split up the work equally. So far, our mission was a success! We had the waiters say the were a cute couple, though that was already there intentions. We had them stylize the food, so we turned there regular meals into beautiful works of art (like the magical picture I have given you)!

Currently, Cory was supervising, and I was out and about. I had just gotten the music turned into a slow love song, and people were coming up to dance. I dashed behind a table near Nick and T's, eavesdropping on their conversation.

[CORY'S POV]

   "May I have this dance?" I whispered into the earphone. Nick was wearing an earpiece that wouldn't be noticed unless you looked really closely. I had to help him choose the right things to say, or the date wouldn't be as perfect as we wanted it to be.

   Y/N was eavesdropping on the conversation to make sure Tessa didn't screw up either. Everything was going accordingly to plan. I looked around.

   "Okay, bud. Your in your own." I whispered, taking out the earpiece. I tossed it in the trash, unable to hear anything else. I walked in before two bulky men, dashing behind the table Y/N was at.

   The two men's faces were obscured by their hoodies, but they put on black face masks and took off their hoods. Both of them took out plain, fabric bags and shotguns. Y/N glanced over at them, and didn't stop staring, mouth dropping open. This was not on the agenda.

   "Alright, alright. EVERBODY ON THE GROUND!" Robber #1 yells, shooting his gun at the ceiling. The booms of the bullets leaving the gun and meeting the ceiling forced me to cover my ears. Nick and Tessa stared at us as they covered their heads with their hands.

   "What the heck are you doing here?!" They whisper yell. Tessa's comment was to me, Nick's to Y/N.

   "I'm here for, well . . . Eh." She motions her head at Tessa. Tess gives a lopsided smile that read 'Sorry 'bout that!'.

   "But what are you here? Did you guys go on a secret date or something?" She asks me, causing me to shake my head rapidly. Y/N was looking away, for whatever reason.

   "I was here for him." I pointed my thumb at Nick, who put on the same apologetic grin.

   "PUT ALL THE MONEY IN THE BAG!" Robber #2 cackles, strolling over to the registers. The first robber held out a bag for people to put their jewelry in. He started at the registers, and went in a clockwise loop around the restaurant. Our table was dead last.

   "Ooh, hey man! Look what we have over here!" Robber #1 laughs evilly, looking at me and Y/N. Goshdangit! This was a bad idea. Robber #2 jogged on over, his gun still pointed at the people.

   "A camera face, and a TV head?!" He marvels, picking Y/N up by the throat. The first guy picks me up by the throat, smirking in success.

   "These guys'll sell real well, won't they?" He asks his friend triumphantly. I tugged on his hands, begging for them to loosen their grip. Y/N was doing the same thing, sending me worried glances every other second.

   "Hold on a sec." The second one says, dropping Y/N. She held her throat trying to catch her breath. He patted around himself.

   "Someone stole my gun! WHO WAS IT?! WAS IT YOU?!?" Robber #2 barks. Y/N shakes her head fearfully. "GRRRR, TAKE THIS YOU *****!!" He grabbed Robber #1's gun out of hands and shot Y/N.

   "NOOOO!" I yell. Luckily, she had dodged the shot, and grabbed a China plate. Throwing it at the man, she got him right in the face! I used the distraction to punch the first robber full force, or at least, as strong as I could make it while being choked.

   It must've been pretty strong though, as he stumbled back a couple steps, and dropped me. What had we gotten ourselves into?