Watches Him Close || 4

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Downtown Stores
YOUR POV
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

   Me and Tess were on our, as she called it, 'Super Awesome Mega Shopping Friendly Fun Time'. The name seems a bit long, but I don't complain. We were shopping for some new outfits, even though I felt we had enough clothing. In all honesty, I'm not the greatest fan of shopping. To me, if rather stay home and read a good book.

   "Remind me why we're doing this again?" I ask, slightly annoyed. I don't exactly stutter when agitated.

   "For the millionth time, we're getting new clothes!" She repeats to me. You don't know how many times I've asked her that question.

   "But we have enough!" I argue, crossing my arms. She pinches the bridge of her nose, obviously annoyed as well. Just for different reasons.

   "It's the city, Y/N darling. You have to be fashionable! Just do what I do, okay? By the time the day ends, this outfit is going the Good Will." Tessa tells me proudly. I raise an eyebrow.

   "But I like my outfit." I mumble, staring down at my short overalls, black and white striped shirt, white fingerless gloves, and white sneakers. I am most definitely not tossing these into the Good Will.

   "Here we are!" My friend cheers, pushing the door open in excitement. She's real optimistic about a lot of things. I glance at the name as I closed the behind me. [Insert Random Store]. Interesting choice.

   "Hello girls!" Says the man at the desk. Wait a minute . . .

   "Hey Uni!" I say without stuttering. "How are you doing?" He laughs at my sudden change of mood.

   "Hey Y/N, and to answer your question, I'm doing well." Uni replies, chuckling softly.

   "Have Nick and Cory payed their rent yet?" I ask him, hoping for a yes.

   "Nope. What do you expect of them?" He shrugs, glancing over at Tessa, who was marveling at the sight of some outfits. She chose some and hurried into a changing stall. Typical T.

   "Hey Uni! Hey Y/N!" A voice chirps from behind me. I spin around, finding Cory and Nick enter the shop.

   "H-hey C-Cory! Hey Nick!" I greet them, cursing myself. Why do you have to stutter now?! Uni eyes us, amused, hiding his grin.

   "Hey Y/N, where's Tessa?" Nick asks me eagerly.

   "U-um, she's in the changing stall." I answer, slowly moving away from the desk.

   "I FOUND ONE!" She sings, jumping out of the stall. She holds the ensemble in a pink shopping bag.

   "Oh hey dudes! What's up?" My roommate giggles. I could feel Cory's gaze on me, so I quietly snuck over beside him.

   "Hey." He says, watching Nick and Tessa. "Hey!" I watch them, a confused look on my face.

   "It's like Happy Fest 2016 for them." Cory whispers.

   "I know! What are these people, they little angel on your shoulder that attempts to help you with decisions?" I whisper back. Tessa purchased her items and we left the place.

   "S-so T-Tess, what'd y-you get?" I ask her. She just smirks.

   "It's a surprise, honey." She tells me, receiving a chuckle from Nick. We exited the clothing store, visiting a couple more, which were coincidentally also owned by Uni. Every time I chatted with him though, out of the corner of my eye, I would spot Cory eyeing Uni suspiciously.

   Cory and Nick tried on some outfits on as well; Cory buying a tuxedo, and Nick not getting anything. Me and Tessa put on our new ones, looking absolutely fantastic! [You have the flowery one, Tess has the one with a backpack. M'kay?]

   After those friendly bonding events, we all just headed to our own, cozy, top-floor apartments.

   "See you dudes later!" T pulled the two in a side hug, with only Nick returning it.

   "See you tomorrow girls!" Nick chirps.

   "Later." Me and Cory say quietly, flashing each other awkward smiles. We all start walking our separate ways; me with Tess, and Nick with Cory. As expected, the two rays of sunshine (guess who) explode, and start yapping on about how awesomely fabulous their day was.

   With their two friends (guess again) shuffling slightly behind and beside them. Just barely listening, trapped in their own thoughts.