Chapter 58

I wasn't lying to Shawn yesterday. I really want some sort of commitment.
This is how my parents first were.
Going around- no commitment. And then bam! Without getting married first they had Nash.
And my mom still wanted to go to college. But she couldn't because that next year she was pregnant with me.
She never got a huge wedding or any commitment from my dad until I was around 5 years old. That's when they went to the courthouse and made their marriage official.

I just don't want to have sex before marriage, and then break up and I'm on my own.
I don't think Shawn would do that...but you never know. People can change.

-------

Last night I slept in Hayes' room. I was frustrated with Shawn. I felt like he didn't care.

It was around 8am and I couldn't fall back asleep. So I got up and took a shower.
I dried my hair and put on black skinny jeans, a white sweater, tan zip up boots, and a tan scarf.
I looked gooood!

I took a picture and sent it to Chloe.
I labeled it Day one without you.

I walked into the kitchen to see all the guys up and eating pancakes.
"Why are you all dressed up?" Matt asked me.
"I don't know. I felt like I wanted to do something productive today." I smiled.

Then Shawn walked in. He kissed my cheek and went to get a plate and fill it with pancakes.
"Would you want to go out tonight?" Shawn asked me while stuffing his face.

I hesitated but said yes. Maybe this could be a sign that he wants something more than just "dating".

"I'll pick you up at 7." He winked.
"You're too sweet." I joked.
"Anyone want to go shopping with me?" I asked.
Everyone rolled their eyes. Except Matt.
"I'll go!" He jumped up.
"Okay, get dressed now! I'm leaving in 10." I announced.

Matt was my go-to when Chloe isn't around. I swear he is a girl! He knows so much about girls and their feelings. It's awesome!

He came out 6 minutes later with jeans, vans, a iHeart radio shirt, and a jacket.
"Let's go!" I said walking out the door.

-------

"So, you and Shawn okay?" He asked in Abercrombie.
"Eh. He's acting weird lately...or I'm acting weird. I don't know. Something like that." I giggled.
"Well, I wouldn't worry about it. He's a good guy and you're a good girl. You'll work it out." He said sweetly.
"Thanks Matt. You always know how to make me feel better." I said hugging him.

"No problem! I have a sister and I know how girls think. I swear, I think I'm half girl." He joked.
I laughed and then spotted a cute pair of jeans.
I sprinted over and looked for my size.
"Yes! They have a 10!" I shouted and grabbed them.
"How much do they cost?" Matt observed the pair of jeans.
He finally found the price tag.
"$89.99" he rolled his eyes.
"For a pair of jeans!" He whined.
I laughed and debated on getting them.

"I'm getting them." I decided.
"Now I have to find a shirt to go with them." I smirked.
"What about a flannel?" He questioned.
"Yes! Find a red and black one. I need a new one." I scanned the room.