Chapter 21

"Lydia, it's time to wake up." Shawn rubbed my arm.
"What time is it?" I asked.
"11am." He answered in his morning voice.
"We have breakfast ready." Nash walked into our room.
"Okay, what time is Magcon tonight?" I asked getting out of bed.
"4." Nash replied.
I grabbed Shawn's hand and we walked to the kitchen.
"Let's do something. Just the two of us tomorrow night." I say eating bacon and pancakes.
"Oh yeah, I know this really good Italian restaurant just around the corner. We should go there tomorrow night." Shawn smiled.
"Sounds like a date." I kiss his cheek.
"I'm there." He wraps his arms around my neck and starts swaying back and forth.
"Shawnnnnn- I'm eating....." I whine.
"Okay. I'm going to take a shower. Brb." He walks to him room.
"You guys are adorable." Chloe says walking over towards me.
"Thanks. We worked everything out last night. Things are back to the way they were." I said trying not to blush.
"Good. I know it would be. Now back to what I was going to ask you- what are you going to sing at Magcon tonight?" Chloe sits next to me and starts eating her cereal.
"Art Of Letting You Go- Tori Kelly, Stressed Out- TØP, and Sorry- Justin Bieber." I said counting off on my fingers.
"Okay, sounds good. I just overheard Bart talking to someone about production labels, and recording labels are coming to watch tonight. Just wanted to let you know." She explained.
Wow. Recording labels. Like Island Records!
I've always wanted to me apart of that.
And production labels could help me produce an album or song. I'm flipping OUT!!
"Wow, really? That's awesome. I'll do my absolute best!" I tried to be cool about it, even though I'm SUPER nervous inside.

--------

"Now, I would like to introduce my dear best friend, Lydia Grier. She has some special songs planned for tonight. Let's hear it for Lydia!" Cam said into the mic.
The crowd went wild.
Shawn was on guitar. I had the mic in my hand.
It's go time.
"Wish we could turn back times...to the good old days! When the momma's sang us to sleep- but now we're stressed out!" I sang at the top of my lungs and my best ability. I started with some Twenty One Pilots.
"Is it too late now to say sorry?? Cause I'm missing more than just your body.." I even sang some Justin Bieber.
"No I can't seem to master the art of letting you go...." And I finished with Tori Kelly.
The audience wanted more.
I walked over to Shawn. "One more. How about One Last Time by Ariana Grande?" I ask.
He nodded his head yes.
"One last time, I need to be the one who takes you home, on last time....I promise after that I'll let you go!" I finally finish my set.
I take a bow and walk off stage with the audience yelling my name.
I walk backstage to grab some water.
"You were extra-amazing out there!" Shawn says picking me up and kissing my forehead.
"Yeah! You did just as I told you!" Chloe agreed.
"I've never gotten so into it before. That crowd is AMAZING!" I chugged some water and then sat down. We have a half-hour until we go on stage as a team.

After the show we all went to Olive Garden for dinner. It's hooked onto our hotel.
"Sit by me! I need to talk to you." Bart said.
"Okay, Shawn let's go sit over there." I grab his hand.
I sat in between Bart and Shawn.
"So, Lydia. Island Records was here tonight. And they want you to sign with them." Bart stopped to take a drink of his coke.
"What?? Really??" I start bouncing in my seat.
"Yes, but the downside is that you haven't written any of your songs. So, they really want you to work on that. And if you have 3 songs written in one month- you will have a full tour." Bart's words were music to my ears.
"Are you kidding me??? Oh my gosh!" I shouted.
"I'll help you with the songs." Shawn gave me a hug.
"I'm going to need the help." I sighed.

I can't believe that I'm going to be headlining my own tour. Oh my gosh!
"Wait, does that mean I have to leave Magcon?" I asked.
"Yes, for 6 months." He answered.
"Bart, I've only been here for two months. I feel bad leaving everyone." My heart sunk.
"Oh and that reminds me. Shawn is going on tour with you too. You guys are the headliners.
Bea Miller, Sofia Carson, and The Girl & the Dreamcatcher are your opening acts." Bart finished.
"Is this real life? Somebody pinch me." I close my eyes and just think about this.
Wow.