The misunderstanding

Sans' p.o.v
Rushing past multiple monsters and humans on the sidewalk of the big city, Alphys and I had been running nonstop for at least twenty minutes now. I call Papyrus' cell phone for the billionth time hoping (y/n) would answer. Ring...ring...ring....but nobody picked up. "Tsk... darn it!" I whisper-screech under my breathe as I harshly toss my blue flip phone behind me, almost hitting Alphys. "Argh! Sans, be careful! You almost hit me!" Alphys yelled furiously behind me. "Huff...huff...SORRY ALPHYS, BUT WE MUST NOTIFY MY BROTHER OF THIS CATASTROPHE! THOUGH I REALLY WISH HE'D...huff...KEEP HIS CELL PHONE WITH HIM AT ALL...huff...TIMES LIKE I ASKED!" I said just as the park Papyrus sold hotdogs in came into view. I sped up once I ran through the park entrance, instantly spotting Papyrus standing at his hotdog cart waving at a mother and a little girl who were waving back and walking away.

Papyrus' p.o.v
Today was a nice day. The sun was shining. Lots of people were in the park today doing a variety of things. One couple was having a picnic under a tree and a group of kids were playing kickball in the open space of the big park. I stood at my hot dog cart slowly drifting off to sleep when a little human girl with blonde curly hair wearing a pink frilly dress and her presumable mother came up to me. "May we get two hot dogs please?" the woman asked getting her wallet out of her purse. "No problem ma'am. Cute youngster ya got there, what's your name kiddo?" I asked the little girl while preparing the 'dogs. The little girl hid behind her mother, obviously scared of me. "Don't be shy sweetie. Tell the nice man your name." the mother whispered to the little girl. The little girl looked up at her mom then at me before stepping out from behind the woman. Then she began making quick but recognizable hand movements. My name is A-M-A-N-D-A she signed with her hands. She was using sign language. I knew sign language pretty well since in a lot of the timelines where Frisk didn't speak, I had to learn sign language in order to interact with them. "Amanda? Nice name. I'm Papyrus." I said handing her a hotdog. When Amanda grabbed the hot dog, my hand popped out of it's socket and hung loosely on the food item. "I've got to hand it to ya kid, I'm glad you like hotdogs 'cause my skeleton brother, Sans, hates 'em. Probably 'cause they go right through him." I winked at her. All of a sudden, Amanda's shy exterior quickly disappeared into a wide closed-mouth smile. Amanda started snickering, but quickly clasped her hand over her lips. That's odd, last time I checked mute people couldn't laugh. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but is she mute or...?" I asked the mother while peeling my severed hand off Amanda's hot dog and popping it back into it's socket. "Amanda? No she just doesn't like to show off her monster side to anyone because they get scared when they see what she can do. Her father is a monster." the woman explained. Ah, so she's a monster-human hybrid. Those are becoming increasingly common now. "Well" I started as I handed the mother a hot dog "don't be ashamed of who you are Amanda. You're a special little girl who should show off your talents to the world." I tell Amanda. Amanda smiles happily at me and looks down at her hot dog. Then her eyes roll back into her head as she opens her mouth slowly as multiple black slimy tendrils shoot out of her mouth and wrap themselves around the hot dog before quickly devouring the hot dog in an instance. Black slime began pouring out of her mouth dripping down her chin and onto her dress. Amanda closed her mouth and her eyes turn back to normal as she happily chewed her hot dog, not caring about the black slime that had stained her pretty dress. "How much do I owe you?" the woman asked. I was feeling generous today. "Nothing. It's on the house." I say as I smile at the both of them. Thank you mister! I hope you have a humerus day! Amanda signed before walking off with her mother. I chuckle at her pun. That kid's goin' places. As I was waving at Amanda and her Mother I hear a vaguely familiar voice that sounded very distant. "Pap...Papyr..." It sounded like someone was calling my name. Whatever it was it was getting closer. "PAPYRUS!!!" I let out a yelp of surprise as Sans tackles me to the ground. "Sans?! You almost gave me a heart attack! Oh wait..." I say reaching a bony hand up to my empty chest. "Never mind." I shrug and start snickering, but Sans wasn't scolding me for making a joke like he usually did. He looked panicked and very exhausted. I look behind him to see Alphys sitting in the grass out of breath. I quickly sat up and grasped Sans by the shoulders. "Sans! What's wrong? What happened? Are you okay?!" I yell worriedly. Sans looks up at me and tries to say something but was still out of breath. After some more wheezing, Sans finally managed to choke out one word. "(Y/n)..." before passing out in my arms from exhaustion. At the moment I felt a flame light inside me. What did she do? Did...did she hurt Sans? I trusted her. I actually trusted her. I stood up cradling Sans in my arms and walked over to Alphys who was still sitting on the ground, but was starting to look a little better. "Alphys. Take Sans to Undyne to get him checked out. I've got a bone to pick with a certain human." I gently place Sans into Alphys' lap. "Huh?" was all Alphys could say. "Just do it." I say, not realizing my left eye socket had begun glowing again. Then I stepped away from them and right before I teleported to the Apartment, Alphys had said something, but I couldn't hear what she said over the anger that was boiling up inside of me. How dare she...I trusted (y/n)...I was a fool to trust another human. After Frisk, I should've learned my lesson. At least Sans hadn't been dusted or else. Then I was gone.

Alphys' p.o.v
"Just do it." Papyrus told me, his left eye socket glowing. I watched as he stood up and backed away from us. Then his words had clicked into place 'A bone to pick with a certain human'. Was Papyrus talking about the same human Sans was trying to save? Oh no...he thinks they hurt Sans...this was bad. "PAPYRUS WAIT! (Y/N) WAS IN DANGER AND SANS-" I was cut off mid-sentence as Papyrus had teleported. "and I were trying to save...her" I finish my sentence, even though Papyrus had left and Sans was passed out in my lap. I look down at Sans. Poor skeleton. I check Sans' HP. Sans: 11/20. Oh. I guess all that running in the hot summer sun did a number on Sans. Maybe he did need some healing after all. I have to hurry and get Sans healed so I can stop Papyrus from hurting the human! I place Sans on the grass next to me and stand up. My legs felt like jello from all that running and my breathe was super shallow, but I somehow managed to carry Sans on my back. Then I started walking towards the park entrance. Here we go again.

Papyrus' p.o.v
I had teleported outside of my apartment building. Guess I miscalculated again. I run into the alleyway where we first met (y/n) and try to open the apartment building's side door. Its locked. I roll my pupils and dig through my hoodie pocket desperately trying to look for the key. Finally I grab something cold and small and yank it out of my pocket. I quickly unlock the door, missing the keyhole a few times since my hands were shaking from anger. Then I stuff my key back in my hoodie pocket and start running up the Apartment stairs. Finally I reached our floor and ran down the hall to our apartment. I was taken aback by what I saw. The apartment door had been forcibly pried open. The door knob was broken and the door itself had some major scratches on it. I walked into the apartment and carefully shut the door behind me so it wouldn't fall of it's hinges in it's current state. The whole apartment was a mess. All of it. The couch had been flipped over, the T.V was missing, all the cabinets in the kitchen had been opened and everything that was in the cabinets were strewn about the floor. There was food and trash everywhere. I knee this would happen. I knew it'd happen and yet I didn't do anything to prevent it. I should've killed (y/n) when I had the chance. For the love of Toriel...I'm such an idiot. I walk up the stairs and peek into the bathroom. Same results as downstairs. The bathroom mirror was cracked and all the drawers and cabinets were opened. The shower curtain was barely hanging off the pole. The more I saw the angrier I got. I continue on to Sans' room and look inside. Sans' mattress was all the way on the other side of the room. All the contents of his closet and nightstand had been thrown about the floor and his bedside lamp was on the floor, shattered. That was the last straw. My left eye socket was glowing ferociously and my hands were balled up into tight fists. When you mess with my baby brother...you're gonna have a bad time no questions asked. I angrily walk over to my bedroom. My bedroom door was hanging off the hinges. It looked like someone had kicked it open. When I walked in I immediately stopped dead in my tracks. There she was lying on the floor unconscious. (Y/n) was lying on her back, sleeping on my bedroom floor. I look around my room and oddly enough it wasn't as messed up as all the other rooms in the house. On closer inspection she was holding something in her hand. She was holding my golf club. Probably what she used to jack up the whole place. Probably what she used...to hurt Sans. But something didn't add up. If (y/n) had messed up the whole apartment and also hurt Sans, then why would she come back upstairs into my room and go to sleep? Is she TRYING to get herself killed? As I'm leaning against the wall of my bedroom wondering what happened, she starts to move. She's waking up. I walk over to where she was sleeping on the ground and drop to my knees, her body in between my legs. I snatch the golf club from her hand just as I watch her eyes begin to flutter open. She better have one hell of a good explanation. For her sake and mine.