The Heart doesn't Break Even

Jack P.O.V
I can feel pain roar inside me,everything hurt. I couldn't help to feel betrayed, only to ask 'Why.'

My hands shook as I felt nausea tear into my stomach and my heart. I struggled to slowly type out my reply, my legs shook.

Jack: What do you mean?

I couldn't take it any longer, the tears formed in my eyes. All I could do is allow them to fall, onto my phone.

Mark: it's for the best Sean, goodbye.

Soon My heartache had taken over my life, no more tears would come. Even though my body called for the feeling.My insides still felt as if someone took a hot coal and pressed it to my chest. The coal glowed and burnt my heart but it did not cool quickly like a coal in water, it throbbed and melted me. The last conversation haunted me, taunted me, replaying like an ipod stuck in replay.

Its been almost a 2 weeks since Mark had last texted me, I could only toss and turn at night. A goodnight sleep was only a faded memory now, even my parents knew something was off. I push my hands in my pockets as I walked home from school, the sky gray.

" Hey wait up."

I glance behind me seeing Kaleb, he ran a bit to finally catch up. I shifted my gaze back on the ground, not really paying much attention.

"Hey tonight I'm having a little sleepover with Sam, did you wanna come?" I glance up at him, his eyes lingered with mine. " Come on, you haven't been out in a while Jack." He said softly before smiling a bit. "If it helps we can poke fun at how I'm a loser." He knocked into me laughing. He really wants me to go, I honestly don't want to. I couldn't lie and say that I had plans though. I rather just lay in my bed and stare at the ceiling, god I sound depressing.

"Uh sure." My voice broke slightly when I spoke, I wasn't used to talking in a while. His eyes lit up like a Christmas tree, and his smile grew.

" awh yeah, tonight be at my place at six." He says before turning the corner to his street. I watched him go into a blue house before I made my way to my street witch was a few blocks down.

"Don't you wanna know what your old friend Mark is up to?" His voice came from nowhere, I glance over seeing the ghostly figure known as Dark. He chuckled slightly as I looked at him, his eyebrows raised. This dumb demon hasn't gone away unlike Mark he just walks around me, not in my mind." You know saying mean names doesn't make me go away. In fact you pretty much can't make me just go away. Babe look I feed of your negative energy, it pretty much makes me stronger. Since Mark no longer has negative energy I went to the closet thing that did, you." His voice was like razors cutting me. But he is right, all I do is sit here and drown myself in sorrow. I can't help it though, the person who I thought was there for me left me.

When I told my parents that I wanted to go on a sleepover, they seemed way to happy to let me go. Honestly they probably thought I needed, just like my friends thought. I turn to face the large blue house, knocking on the double door house. After a bit the door swung open to a tall women with brown hair that looked a bit like Kaleb.

"You must be Jack, its nice to meet you" she invited me, I followed her and take a glance around the huge house. My mouth was gap, my eyebrows rises as I glance around, I heard her chuckle. "Yes we have a pretty big house, the boys are down stairs" She points at a door by the kitchen. I say thanks before going down the steps, seeing Sam and Kaleb playing some Overwatch.

"Fuck you Sam" Kaleb snorts as his team loses, he punched Sam in the arm.  Sam looked over seeing me he waved me over, I walk over tossing my backpack down on the ground. Kaleb had his room set up in the basement, with a very large king bed that sat in the middle. I sat by Sam as he passed me the controller.

As we played I copied Junkrats voice as we played a round, Sam smirked a bit watching me beat Kalebs butt in overwatch. Once I see that my team won I jump up and highfive Sam, Kaleb rolled his eyes smirking a bit. 

"Next time Ill win for sure" he said, putting the controller down. 

"So what now?" Sam asked, turning off overwatch and playing some music on his phone. I sit down putting the controller by the other one.  

"What about truth or dare?" Kaleb said leaning back on the sofa by his tv. 

"Sure why not." Sam shrugs punching me lightly in the arm. "You in?"

"Uh sure why not" I say, biting my lip.

Mark's P.O.V 

I sat at the bar,waiting for Izzy and Eva to show up.  I took another drink of the beer in my hand, I think this was my third? All I could do was stare off, thinking about the pass 2 weeks since the last time me and Jack had talked. I feel so lost without him, Like a piece of me is now missing. I remember the painful stab to my heart when I texted him and his reply back, but I did the best thing right? For the both of us? If its so right then why does it hurt like hell? I set down the empty bottle, tapping on the bar contour as the bar tender sends the next beer over to me. 

"Hey Mark sorry we are late." Eva sat on my left, while Izzy took the right. The bar tender asked them what they wanted to drink before getting them two glasses. Once the bar tender left, Eva took a long drink. "So how are you doing?" Eva asked after her rosy lips left the glass. 

"Fine." I lie through my teeth, nothing was fine. I took another drink of the beer in my hand, I could feel both of their eyes stare into me. 

"When is your next match?" Izzy asked, twirling her brown hair in her fingers. 

"I think next week" I put the beer bottle down looking down at the bar contour. For a moment everyone didn't say anything, until Izzy spoke up.

"Drinks are on me tonight." She said. I glance up looking at her, getting another beer. She didn't look at me instead she was looking at the dance floor. I guess I owe her something,  paying for the drinks tonight was pretty nice since she knows I'm gonna drink tonight heavily.  I put down my beer offering Izzy my hand, she glance at my hand before taking it. Our fingers intertwined as I pulled her to the dance floor, the music was a fast pace. With that I did the only thing a haft drunk man would have done, spinning her around I pressed myself ageist her warping my arms around her waist moving side to side to the music. Body heat grew in between us as she rubbed herself on me, my hands gripped a bit harder on her hips.

After we danced for a bit I had a few more drinks after to push down the memory's of Jack. Then Izzy who was the most sober drove me home, she helped unlocked the door. I stumbled in falling on the sofa, Izzy follows knowing I was drunk.  I dug in my pocket as my drunk mind took over, I pulled out my phone calling Jack.

" Mark what are you doing? " 

" I cant live without him." I felt the tears formed in my and they begin to fall , she came over taking the phone from my hands.

"Mark your drunk." She said quickly hanging up and placing the phone on the coffee table. I let out a long shaky sigh, shaking my head. This only made myself feel more dizzy, Izzy placed her hands on my chest looking down at me. 

A/N: hey there fellow readers I was gonna add more to this chapter but then I got lazy and posted it. Here's more trash.