Chapter 5

A scream of agony poured from the raijus mouth, his throat scratchy and painful from the yells he had let plow from his mouth. The blade pierced into his skin as he attempted to blink in his eye's bloody state. A man stood over Jay with a smirk, gun pressed to him. "An eye for an eye, ay monster?" he said in a dark, cold tone. Where did it all go wrong?

    "Jay..."

    Jay looked up at the ningyo before him with a half opened eye, the other staying closed. He took heavy breaths as his grip on the blanket covering his body tightened. Nya wipped away her pearl tears that were trickling from her, more of the ningyo's tears scattering the floor. Jay glanced over at a mirror they kept in the monastery's infirmary, raising his hand, he grazed his blue fingers across the bandages that covered his eye. "Did... Did my eye survive?" he asked in a quiet voice. The girl next to him grabbed his hand and held it gently, worry for her boyfriend lined her expression. "No. I'm sorry,"

     Those words were like an arrow zoomed in and struck Jay, making the pain worse. "You were brave, Jay. Those monster hunters would've killed me if you hadn't stepped in," Nya spoke in a comforting tone as she rested her head on his chest, careful not to lay on the static marks across his chest so she wouldn't shock herself. Jay stayed silent as he retracted the static across his chest to his back, pulling Nya closer into his arms. "Thank you," Nya said looking up at him, "You saved my life,"

    "Am we coming in at a bad time?" Cole questioned coming in, the manticore's scorpion tail wrapped in cloth at the tip to not poke his friends. Jay looked over at his friend and shook his head, a small smile replacing his once frail frown. "No, guys, you're fine," he said.

    "We just wanted to check up on you," Kai said walking over and sitting on a second bed in the infirmary, Rosco finding a place beside him. Jay nodded before wincing in pain from his eye. "An eye for an eye is what they take, but that shall be, their big mistake," Zane spoke of the monster hunters.

   "Zane's right," Lloyd smiled at his friend, fluttering his fairy wings a little bit. June nodded and grabbed some pain medication, giving it to the raiju. "Thanks, guys, you sure know how to make a raiju feel special," Jay spoke lightly with a smile.

    Inky black darkness swept over the forest as the sunset disappeared, the moon appearing in the sky, stars following. The manticore pulled the blanket around his for comfort, a black cloud beside him where the shadow beast slept in his shadow. Two dragons were cuddled close to one another in a large nest they had, the Tien Lung's wing wrapped around the female Ti Lung that slept beside him. The sphinx snored softly as he slept atop his perch, the android plugged in and charging beside him. The fairy's wings slightly fluttered as he slept in a pile of leaves, a mattress beside him where a human girl lay asleep. The ningyo slept peacefully in her pale of water, occasionally splashing in her sleep. Jay smiled as he walked through the monastery, blanket drapped over his shoulders.

    "Jay," the voice of his master dragged him back to reality and away from his thoughts. Swiftly turning to face the older, human man, he bowed. "Yes, sensei?" he asked.

     Wu slipped an eyepatch into Jay's blue, static hands. "Here," he said, "To keep it from further infection,"

    "Thank you, sensei," Jay spoke with a smile as he set the eyepatch over the scarred area of his eye, he knew he'd forever be blind in that eye, but eh, he got an eyepatch. Lightly stroking the silky, plush fabric he let his smile grow. "Good night, Jay," Wu said slipping past the raiju and into his room. Jay nodded and bowed to his sensei one last time.

"Night,"

So this chapter was just a bit short but I honestly thought it was a good chapter. Yes, Jay gets an eyepatch in here! I liked the design with him in an eyepatch in the show so I decided to make it happen here, but no eyepatch in the other stories, just eyepatch Raiju Jay.