Chatper 15

Warning: Slightly triggering content. Read at your own discretion.

//Glenn's POV

I was laying on the bed in the guest room I was staying in when I heard a knock on the door.

After I didn't respond, I heard Sasha call, "Glenn! Please open the door. We need to tell you something."

"Go away," I mumbled loudly.

"Alright," Abraham called. "I guess you don't care that Maggie just woke up."

I immediately became alert and scrambled off my bed, running over to the door and opening it.

Abraham and Sasha stood there with excited grins on their faces.

"Sh-she's awake?" I stuttered.

Sasha nodded and the couple, knowing what I was going to do, stepped to the side to make a path for me.

The second they moved, I bolted out the door and headed for Dr. Smith's house, a huge grin on my face the entire way.

//Tess's POV

As I followed my mom into the middle of camp, she suddenly stopped and turned to face me.

"So you're telling me," she started, obviously angry. "That you snuck out this morning to go hunting without permission?"

"That's what I said, isn't it?" I asked quietly.

"You know I don't like it when you go out," she said through gritted teeth. "Especially without permission."

"Oh, my God, mom!" I yelled, laughing. "I'm the best hunter in this group and you know it! And you let Lydia hunt! What, do you just like her better than me?"

My mom took a moment before ignoring my question. "If you're the best hunter in this group," she said, her voice challenging. "Then what did you catch today?"

She looked around my body, sarcastically trying to find any meat.

I took a moment before chuckling bitterly. I put my hands up slightly in surrender.

"You know what?" I asked. "I'm done." 

"I'm exhausted," I said exasperatedly and turned around walking into my house.

Laying on my bed, I laid on my side, facing away from the door.

My left hand absently tracing my right forearm, which was covered by fabric. I felt a tear slide down my face.

I heard the door open behind me.

"Tess?" I recognized the voice to be Lydia's.

"Go away, Lydia," I said quietly but forcefully.

I heard her scoff. "Not a chance," she said before sitting down on the edge of my bed. "I saw you with that guy in the woods."

I sighed and rolled my eyes, refusing to look at her. "He has a name," I reminded her.

"Yeah," she said. "Which I, obviously, don't know."

I took a deep breath before muttering, "It's Carl."

There was a moment of silence. "Are you into him?" she asked, sounding a bit more girly.

Finally, turning to look at her, I said, "This is freaking me out. Why are we having this conversation?"

She rolled her eyes before becoming serious again. "Because I know he's from Alexandria."

I pushed myself into a sitting position. "How?" I asked, a little surprised.

"Why else would you shoo him off when mom called for you?" she asked.

I bit my lip and looked down, not answering.

"Do you know how pissed mom's gonna be if she finds out?" Lydia asked.

I looked back up at my sister, giving her a challenging look. "What are you waiting for, then?" I asked. "Go. Run and tell her. It's what you do best anyways."

And with that, I laid back down, facing away from her.

"I'm not gonna tell her because I've never seen you like this," she told me. "The way you smiled while he talked. You seem to really like him."

"You don't know shit about me," I said, putting every ounce of force possible into the 6 words.

When I didn't get an answer, I mumbled, "Just go away, Lydia."

After a moment, I heard her scoff before getting up.

When I heard the door slam, I slowly lifted my head off of the pillow before reaching under it and grabbing what I needed.

Pulling it out, I pulled my sleeve up to reveal razor blade marks that covered my forearm.

I deserved this. My mom hates me. I've completely pushed my sister away. I can't let Carl get any closer.

Slowly bringing the blade down to my wrist, I lightly skimmed my skin.

I winced a little as I saw little beads of blood form at the surface.

After making a few more marks, I wiped the blood from the blade on my pants and put it back under my pillow.

Pulling my sleeve back down, I buried my face in my pillow as I felt the tears come.

---------------------------------------------
Author's Note: This was a really intense chapter to write. It almost feels like Tess is my child since I created her so to put her through this kind of pain is awful.