05. She Was Reminded

Dedication to @ravenlunakitrose. :-P

Deadly Darkness || Chapter Five || She Was Reminded ||

OtherSide -- Heaven/hell, Neverworld, Hades etc..

€¥$¢€¥$¢€¥$¢€¥$¢€¥$¢€¥$¢€¥$¢€¥$¢€¥$¢€¥$¢€¥$¢

She pulled the now bloody knife out of the dead DarkOne, smiling at her work. Bodies of disfigured DarkOnes lay scattered all over the wet muddy ground of the woods.

She had fun hunting tonight. Albeit she had lost her sight and that made hunting harder as well as easier. Harder, that she couldn't see her enemy if they somehow manage to hid from her.

Though easier cause she had amble use of her sense. She could smell her prey hundreds of miles away, hear the slightest movement of her enemy, if they were to so much as take a deep breath or shift their position, she would know. And they would be dead very, very soon.

DarkOnes - like any other specie - had a unique smell, rotting flesh with the slight scent of drying blood, not pleasant by any measure.

The soft fragile beating of a slowly dying heart pulled Kris from her musing it appeared someone had survived her rounds of death, the poor soul.

Kris stalked towards the beating not caring about the decaying bodies she stepped on to reach her endeavor. The clicking sound left her lips she was now - more then she had been before - aware of her surroundings. Kris placed her hand upon the bark of the fairly large tree and knelt down beside the dying DarkOne.

A fluttering sound signified that the man eyes had opened. She could hear his faint heart pick up, he was clearly petrified by her appearance, she supposed she was covered in blood on his comrades.

Kris reached her hand forward closing her hand around where the heart beat was most prominent, his neck. Standing she dragged him up with her and slammed his weak body against the tree, getting a sick sort of pleasure from hearing him wince and his bones grind against one another.

"Your the princess" he whispered.

There was no need to deny the truth, he was dying he wouldn't have enough strength to contact anyone to inform them of that fact.

"Yes... yes I am"

"Kill me, please" he brokenly sobbed

"All in good time" she said smiling chillingly, she felt him shiver against her hold. "Now tell me everything you know and I'll kill you swiftly, if you don't" she paused looking at him with her soulless eyes, "I'll make it so painful it will follow you to the OtherSide"

"I'll tell you where my main base is if you spare my child when you reach there" he coffed, blood splitting on her hands.

Excited at the prosbect of knowing where a strong-hold was agreed.

//Now wasn't time to worry about the consequences that would come// she thought

Just out of the vampires' Cold clan territory not close enough for them to know where there but enough to be able to monitor them." He was getting cold probably pale and coffing, "My name is Grendu and my sons is Vlader, if be doesn't want you to come with I'm tell him 'We Are The Children Of The Damned" and he will come. Tell him I love him."

Grendu had gasped as he used his last words to say "Master Jacob is one of the Head-Council he was one of the man whom had given the go ahead for you Blinding"

He his heart took instead beats, his hands griped her "Goodbye, princess"

Kris the dropped the dead man to the ground, and suddenly felt sad that DarkOnes' didn't have a Meritum Mors to release their soul.

DarkOnes' - once killed - body disintegrated into dust and their soul if evil was sent to Et Infernus/ Inferno/ Et Non Mundo and if they had good in them the soul was sent to wander around the world until it had made up for the evil it had committed. Kris offend wandered which was worse. (Hades/Hell/Never World)

She never would have thought that a DarkOne would have betrayed his kind as they had an Order which they followed with their life, breaking this Order often led to death or torture. But she guessed that the love for a child was stronger then anything.

?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?

"You need to think about this before you go in all guns blazing Kris. Fucken' hell Kris this is so stupid your gonna get yourself killed" Jasper ranted

Cutting him of he spoke in a monotone sarcastic voice "You have so much confidence in me it astound me"

They were in her weapons room as she was choosing which ones would be going with her. She was leaning towards a 44. and 22. a shotgun and a small handgun for the guns the 44. Strapped on her thigh along side her 22.. Her shotgun would be on her hip and the hand gun in her combat boots, two large samurai swords which be on her back. A double-edge sword on her other hip. There would be a few smaller blades around her body to, just the unlikely happens and a DarkOne gets too close.

"This is no time for jokes Kris! It your life your playing with! Your basically my sister, No! You are my sister my little sister! I'm not gonna lose you! Can't you understand that?!"

Before he could continue she once again cut in "Jasper Caine Reed!" She shouted shocking him - as she rarely spoke above a whisper or occasional normal tone voice, then spoke in a normal voice "this is my decision, I make it. I am going to do it regardless of what you say, it hurts that you think I lack in my abilities, and want me to stop from getting one of the people who had commandeered me to this life" she whispered, "I want my revenge and I Will have it" Taking the double-edge sword that she had been running her fingers along as she had talked to Jasper.

"You can't do this! Your blind -"

He abruptly stop, seeing her face. "No! No Kris I didn't mean it like that -"

"It doesn't matter" she whispered strongly taking her weapons and leaving him there staring after her.

Only it did matter, Kris knew she was blind she would never see again but that was it she knew. She didn't need him reminding her. She was reminded every time she opened her eyes. Every time she used her hearing to see things Every time she clicked her tongue and listen to the sound waves. She was reminded every time she took a step, a breath, opened her eyes and saw nothing, endless blackness.

"She Was Reminded"

$¢$¢$¢$¢$