↠ C H A P T E R 3 ↞

(YoN): Your Other Name
***Some references are from RwB

---

YOUR POV, On an elevator to the underground lab

Not long after, I was brought to the orphanage run by a congregation of nuns near downtown Metropolis.

I was taken care of, fed and sheltered there. The downside was I had to pray the rosary three times a day and have had bible study every Sundays after mass.

I didn't like praying.

Because to me, there was no God anymore.

Not after the tragedy he allowed to happen to my parents and I, especially my mom.

And the fact that the bastard that fucked my mother in front of me and my dead father was just rotting in jail was to add more insult to my injury.

I wanted him dead.

I wanted him to suffer.

So, I decided to study hard, be the best and most influential person in Metropolis so that they would learn to not mess with me. I always had a book next to me, and by the age of 11, I was already studying the theory of relativity.

That was when, I met my new father.

Lex Luthor.

It was just a normal day for me, my fellow orphans were playing outside, trying to impress potential foster parents with their energy. While I, uninterested and all, chose to study Machiavelli under the shade of a sycamore tree.

"What are you doing here all alone, little girl?" A voice asked, making me look up.

"I'm studying Machiavelli, sir." I replied simply, before turning my attention back to the book.

"Pardon? Machiavelli?" He asked again, clearly amused. "Isn't that too, as the kids call it, boring, for your tastes?"

"I'm not like the other kids." I answered, closing my book since it was rude to talk to someone without looking at them. "You see, sir, as the book says and I quote, 'the end justifies the means'."

I stood up and looked at him. He was bald. He had a critical look about him, and he was nicely dressed.

"I believe that if I make the man who brought me here, disappear, then my troubles will all go away."

"And by disappear, my dear, what do you mean?" The man asked, a sinister smile on his face.

"Why, kill him of course." I smiled back, my hands behind my back as I walked around. "Don't you think the cops are useless? They just follow where the money leads them."

"And what makes you think that, child?"

"Because by the look of you, I know we share the same values, sir." I answered. "My name is (Y/N), I'm sorry for getting ahead of myself and not introducing myself properly. I must say, out of all the people who talked to me during my stay here, I liked you the most."

"Likewise, my child." The man laughed, crouching to give me a small handshake. "I suppose we'll be seeing each other more often now."

"I hope so, sir."

---

LEX LUTHOR'S POV, a few years ago, the Orphanage of Saint Paul.

The child was astonishing.

Very astonishing.

It was like she and I were cut from the same tree. Her viewpoint of the world was definitely awe-inspiring. Especially for a man like me, who is just as power-hungry as her.