1

Morgan

I hated Nate, not because he put me in this situation but because he approved and thought it was a good idea to play the matchmaker and organize a date between me and his stupid barbie like girlfriend best friend. I thought friends were supposed to look out for us and not sink us, but apparently, I was wrong.

Reminder: kill my best friend for being the worst matchmaker ever and letting his girlfriend having a say in my inexistent love life.

I just needed to look at Ethan to know this date was going to be a disaster. He was wearing the same varsity jacket that he always wears, he looked embarrassed, and I could understand. He didn't want to be here and I didn't either. We were really different, the only thing linking us were our friends dating. I spent so much time hanging with him but we never really talked. So I really don't understand where this idea was coming from.

"Are u ready?"

No, not at all, I was everything but ready. I wanted to go back to my apartment watch "this is us" and called it a night.

"Yeah..."

He was smiling and really that was making me uncomfortable, he never smiled at me before. He was mostly ignoring me all the time, I don't get why he was suddenly happy to see me.

We were going in direction of his car and I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. I wanted to use my motorcycle, I couldn't stop glancing at it. I don't get why we were doing this, it was so stupid. So I did what I should have done the second I open my door. I called it off.

"I can't do this sorry."

Ethan looks confused.

"Do what?"

"Going in your car and acting like this situation isn't weird and that I want to spend time with you."

He looked so annoyed like I was wasting his time which I was.

"Wow..."

"Sorry..."

I was so embarrassed I wanted to go home but at the same time, I felt like I needed to stay here.

Thanks, Nate!

He started laughing sarcastically. I wasn't expecting this, to be honest, Ethan was not the sarcastic type, more like the nice type. He's never been mean to me before, that was a first.

"Yeah right, You hate me since the first time we met, and I don't even know why!"

I was shocked, I mean maybe I wasn't the most welcoming person on the planet but I don't hate him. It just that I hated spending time with him and Stacey. They were so boring, we were not into the same kind of stuff our conversations were far from alike, it was just weird overall.

"What?"

"Seriously Morgan doesn't act surprised, you hate me and Stacey because you're in love with Nate."

I always thought Ethan was a pussy and too scared to tell it like it is. But I was apparently wrong because he just shut my big mouth with facts and logic.

" Fuck you, you're talking like you're not in love with your friend Stacey waiting for her to notice you after all these years. You're lost like me."

He was surprised, the same way he could read me the same way I could see through his fake friendship.

" I don't even know why I'm doing this, I'm not even into girls like you."

Girls like me? What does that even mean? I Know I was not his type, I was the direct opposite of Stacey she was this tall blonde with blue eyes and this annoying laugh that guys find cute. She was popular and always had this ton of guys hanging around her trying to go out with her. I was a moderate size dark haired girl with brown eyes, with an ugly laugh that no one ever tough was cute. I only had one friend and it was Nate and if any guy was trying to get with me he was shut down automatically. I was not friendly with a lot of people and wasn't dressing in dresses, skirts, and crop top all the time. I was mostly in jeans and t-shirts and I hated showing skin.

"Because you live alone at 18 and is independent and drive a motorcycle doesn't mean you're better than everyone else."

I knew that Ethan didn't have the best opinion of me but I didn't tough it was that bad.

"What about being the perfect archetype of the high school athlete everything in the muscle nothing in the head."

Ok, I'm gonna be the bigger person and admit I was mean that day, but he had just hurt my ego and the guy that I had the biggest crush on setting me up with someone else. My mood was already ruined way before opening the door tonight.

He went in his car and slammed the door.

"FUCK YOU MORGAN!"

"GO FUCK YOURSELF ETHAN!"

He left giving me the finger through the window before leaving driving like a crazy person.

ONE YEAR LATER

" OH MY GOD, ALLAN!"

Fuck, not again...

"TELL ME I'M A SLUT!"

How could someone have so much libido in their life? It was almost like my upstairs neighbors were always fucking and I was hearing everything for the past months. It's not normal that I never met Allan and knows that he likes a finger in the bum. What was my life really?

"Good morning."

I entered the kitchen to discover my sister making breakfast. she was coming to my place often since she had her baby a couple of months ago. I was suspecting her to suffer from postpartum, I was starting to get really worried, my sister was a runner she tends to run from any situations that she couldn't handle.

"Don't you have your own house, kids and husband?"

" I'm short on eggs, so I came here and I was thinking about making breakfast since I'm already here."

Listen I was all about free breakfast but it was already the third time this week and I didn't move out to be with my sister 24\7. And I knew for a fact that she lived 5 mins away from a grocery store and my house was 20 minutes away from that store.

"Is everything ok?"

She was making pancakes, her hair looked crazy and flour was on her shirt.

"Yes, why are you asking?"

Today was not the day, I knew my sister and sooner or later she'll talk to me.

"Well as much as I would love to stay and eat this delicious meal, I'm already late."

I took a toast before taking my coat and going outside where Nate was waiting for me. I saw him on his motorcycle and my heart skipped a beat. I was used to this feeling even more lately, Nate had this effect on me where he could just say or do something and that'll melt my heart.

"You're late, as usual. I know you own a clock so tell me, Morgan, what is it really do you like to make me wait here every morning?"

He was smiling, I know I had a big problem about being on time but I was working on it!

"Sorry... My dog ate my clock."

"The closest thing you have to a dog is the old teddy bear with the stupid name."

He was talking about mister Xanax.

"Leave him out of this!"

We laugh before I get on my bike and both drive away.