BROKEN

The days seemed to be passing in a blur as Vidyut and I spent all our time acting like newly weds.

We were constantly touching each other when were together and fantasising about the other when we were not.

Oftentimes I would be attending meetings at work, and a random trigger such as a man with dark hair would get me thinking about Vidyut.

I'd start with his hair, and then his beautiful eyes. Eventually I'd get to his mouth and the warmth of it against mine and that's when things would really go down.

I'd feel my face burning after I finally snapped out of my scandalous train of thought, only to have all my work buddies hysterically laugh at me.

Evan had found an apartment for himself near where we were staying, and even Ella had found a place of her own.

I had a sneaking suspicion about the two that made me feel ecstatic, especially as I once walked in on Evan desperately trying to learn sign language.

With them gone as well, our apart was truly a love nest.

Even though I was only starting to show, Vidyut never missed an opportunity to kiss my stomach and talk to our baby.

He had already decided that the baby was a girl, but my heart told me that it would be a boy.

Our baby boy.

And every time a bout of panic would hit me, and all the things that could possibly go wrong would haunt me, he would hold my hand and gently kiss away the fear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was home early from work, and Vidyut and I were supposed to go on a fancy date later in the evening.

I was sporting the littlest baby bump and I was already conscious about it.

Therefore, I didn't know at all what I was to wear , and so I decided to treat myself to an impromptu fashion show with just about every dress I owned.

Just as I was about to open the wardrobe, I stubbed my little finger on the tiny nightstand next to the bed.

Eyes watering in pain, I cursed the ancestors and descendants of the damn thing. It was one that I had never opened, and I felt a weird curiosity as to what was inside it.

I tried the top drawer , but it was locked. Weird.

Walking to the key stand in Vidyut's study, I picked up all the keys and jogged back to the stand. Feeling like an internationally wanted bank robber, I tried out the keys.

Finally, one fit, and I pulled out the draw.

The content was a little anti climatic.

It held a simple, thin little book that had sort of faded with age.

Opening the book at random, I realized that it was a journal of sorts, filled with careful writing in a typically boyish handwriting, as well as photos, tickets and wrappers that were stuck in the book.

The first page had "This book belongs to King Vidyut" written on it. I burst out laughing. How adorable! This was young Vidyut's diary!

Feeling extremely curious and guilty at the same time, I turned the page.

Hey.. umm.. Diary

Okay I'm going to call you Alan because i sound like an absolute loser talking to a book about feelings and stuff.

Soo.  I'll formally introduce myself. Hi, Alan. I'm Vidyut Rathore. I'm 14 as of now, and I'm beginning to write to you,no wait, in you, because my English teacher tells me it's supposed to help me remember my "feelings" forever. Eck! Feelings are for girls!