Chapter 17 - Let Me Check You Out

Start from the beginning

He walked me to the car and opened the passenger door, then slid me inside and closed it for me.

I let out a breath of happiness and in a few minutes we were at school.

***

School was the same as usual. Went to class, met our friends, and then left. 

My boyfriend and I had gone to his house and made dinner to accompany the movie we would watch on his bed.  

After that was done, I had called my mom and told her I would stay over at Jake’s to which she gladly agreed. 

Jacob wrapped his arm around my waist as both of us lay on our sides in his lush bed.  

“I love you, babe.” He slurred in his tired voice and his breath tingled the sensitive skin of my ear. 

“I love you too, baby.” I snuggled closer into his body and slept once again in Jake’s arms.  

His arms were my shelter and my haven. I hadn’t slept without the sanctuary of his arms ever since I discovered how protective they were.

***

I woke up at the sound of the alarm that came from Jake’s phone. He hadn’t changed positions but I had. My face was nestled against his chest, touching his bare and warm caramel skin.  

I looked up at him and saw him fighting against sleep. 

“Hey, Jakie. We’ve got school today.” I whispered in a voice as tired as I felt and he answered to me in a voice and sleepy as he looked

“Morning, babe.” His silky voice was so husky and masculine as he spoke to me. Unwillingly, my insides tightened and I yearned for him. It was something I couldn’t help. Just how much I wish I could be completely his sometimes was overwhelming. But all I had to do was refrain from acting on it. 

I wasn’t going be ready for intimacy even if I loved Jacob with all my being.  

I pressed my lips gently to his and then nuzzled my head into the side of his neck. 

“Can’t we just stay home today?” He asked. 

“Nope,” I giggled. “People will assume things.”  

“I don’t care.” He hugged me in a gut wrenching strength. 

“Jake! Let’s get up!” I laughed.

“Fine.” He grunted and I pulled away from him and made my way to the bathroom.  

When I took off my boxers- well Jacob’s- I searched to see if the thin cautionary pad had been stained.  

I felt panic when I noticed it wasn’t. Come on, Evelyn! Menstruate!  

Whatever... Nothing’s wrong when you’re a few days late. It happens to women all the time.  

I used the bathroom to its full capacity and went to my boyfriend’s room. He was still sprawled in a cute position on his bed.  

I fought the urge to giggle as I picked up a fallen pillow from the floor and whacked him across the head. 

Then I laughed. 

“What the-” Jacob looked at me before he started to shake in that sexy laughter of his. 

“Up, sleepy head! Up!” I chuckled as he moved his hand in a dismissive motion and stood up from the bed. 

“I hate you.” He frowned. 

“You love me.” I smiled. 

“True.” And with that he walked to the bathroom.  

I looked for some clothes that belonged to me in his drawers. I had left them there on purpose a few days again because I knew I’d need them. 

I quickly put the blouse on and then pulled up the jeans.

Hmm. Funny. The pants didn’t fit as loosely as they would normally. Maybe it was the laundry? Or... I could have gained some weight from all the junk I’ve been eating. I just knew that the pants weren’t like they usually were and that I hadn’t imagined it. I had never been a fan of too tight clothing. 

Using the two possibilities as enough explanation, I slipped on the flip-flops and went to the kitchen.

I fixed two bowls of Frosted Flakes cereal and began eating mine. 

Sheesh! Sometimes I could swear Jake is a girl! He takes forever! 

“Before you start yelling, I’m walking down the hallway.” I giggled at his preciseness.  

“Hold on! Let me check you out.” He laughed and stopped in his track as he struck a pose.  

Jacob was wearing a red polo and blue denim jeans with some red and black Jordan’s and a silver watch. Okay, he looked fine! 

“Wow. Jake you look scrumptious!” I smiled and he laughed at me, then bent down to kiss me. 

“Thank you, honey. You look beautiful.” He earned himself a kiss from me and he rewarded me with his amazing smile. 

I always felt so loved when he used words like that. Beautiful, gorgeous, precious, pretty... My heat fluttered when he did. I felt extremely lucky when he did because hot and sexy weren’t the only compliments he knew how to give. Jacob wasn’t like those guys that only used those two adjectives to describe a woman. I was glad that I was one of the women blessed to have a man like him in my life.

_____________________________________________________________________________

VOTE, COMMENT, & FAN! Keep reading 'cause it'll be good! Thanks! :D Song in the right is by my favorite group. I love them! The song really makes me think of this story and of Evelyn's love for Jacob. Since she mentions how lucky she is to be loved by Jacob. I hope you like it!