What Am I To Them?

"I have an idea and it's a scary one," she started, "I think that your eye colour has something to do with your godly parents."

"Hold up. You said plural, godly parents. Whats that supposed to mean?"

"I'm not sure yet, but you think of sea stuff and your eyes, they turn the colour of the children of the sea god. Same with Athena and Apollo. If that makes any logical sense at all." Ok, she sounded really frustrated and very mad. Like about to rage quit kind of made. She seemed to blame me. What did I ever do?

She led me to what they called the 'big house'. I'm not sure how a big, baby blue house could fit in with a lava wall and a fighting arena but it seems natural enough. Natural in a homey kind of way.

Down the hall someone was playing bad music, I mean I like most music but this stuff was really bad. When we knocked on the door the music was turned down and someone from inside told us to come in but Annabeth was already through the door. I slowly peeked my head in and saw a guy, brown curly hair, middle age looking, sitting in a wheel chair looking through some records. Actual records, I've been trying to start a collection but I've never been able to make enough money. He looks at Annabeth and smiled, I entered the room (very awkwardly I might add) and he looked at me. His smile remained but it wasn't the same, the one he gave the other girl was like she was a daughter, this one was more like he was planning on how to push me to do better like one of those annoying teachers who care way too much for any ones good.

"Hello, what do I own the pleasure?" he looked between me and Annabeth.

"Ok, Chiron. This might seem weird but bear with me, when she opens her eyes look and see how they change." We both gave her a confused look. "Thea, do what we did in the cabin close your eyes and think of math and science."

Oh great. Now I'm going to be known as a freak among, well freaks. Why are my eyes this interesting anyway? Everyone notices them but never the fact that I have over two thousand song downloaded on my phone, not exaggerated. People never notice the things I'm proud of, that I've worked hard for. They see some freak genetic anomaly. I'm more than that.

I stood there contemplating my options, I could fake it. Pretend I'm thinking of something when I just think of the same thing. I could just straight up refuse, but that probably won't go well. And the first one will make Annabeth look silly, and who knows what effect that would have on her.

Ugh, fine I'll do it.

Once I was done all three Chiron told me to wait outside. I wanted to argue (that ish was just rude,) but he gave me a look and I knew I couldn't argue. Once outside, couldn't quite hear what was being said but I knew it was about me, my ears were burning. They were talking quietly and very fast, I caught words here and there but nothing that made sense. I was about to leave when the door burst open and Annabeth bragged me down the hall. Not a single word, nothing. Even when I asked she said nothing. Like I was nothing.