Piper McLean: No What My Dear?

Sometimes Our Minds Work Against Us…

Chapter Thirteen: Piper McLean: No What My Dear?

A/N: So lets have a little talk, no death threats again okay? I'm not Evil I'm a writer, there is a difference. To sort of explain some stuff this is like worst out come for if Piper and Jason had fallen into Tarturous so um House of Hades sort of spoilers, well not really just location stuff okay okay no death threats k? Okay

Inspired by: Breath of Life by Florence and the Machine

I pull him away and make him run. The world is falling apart around us and the ground beneath our feet is fleeting. We run, feeling the hot wind burning our skin, the small amount of oxygen pulling and burning our throats for more.

She laughs as we run trying to escape. We reach the edge and I pull him over, “ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!” He screams.

I hear her laughter seize in her throat.

“AFTER THEM!” Her guards of night terror black and burning lava red come falling with us upon their steeds of wind. He is screaming because the ground is rushing to meet us in mid fall but I grab his hand and hold on tight. The horses shriek as they see the ground about to meet their hooves. We are about to meet the ground when he finally pulls me upward. Ridding the winds upward away from the treacherous ground.

The winds pull at our feet beckoning for us to return to the ground but we just soar higher. We see the doors and know what to do. Flying ever higher we flash past the darkest queen and chaos all the way to the foot of the doors.

We draw our swords and are ready to fight. Back to back teeth bared and a wild animal growl comes from within him. Sneering at the shocked monsters we see watch as the first bares his fangs and charges.

Slicing, spitting and fighting, blood of gold, red, and green spills on the heart of Tartarus, we stand and watch as they have lost the demigods they were looking for in the mass of death and destruction.

“You’ll hold the button for twelve minutes and hold this spot safe.” I cry with all my will power forcing him to the spot and command. The doors open and we step in. They close behind us and I watch as the world that we have just survived is disappearing below us.

We reach the place where the doors should open but then nothing.

No one is here to meet us. We are trapped and I feel the twelve minutes end. “It’s to quite…” He says in a small whisper.

 The room goes dark and I hear them cackle, ready to feast on us.

“NO!” I scream putting my hands over my head. I feel him cover me and then feel something thick and liquid like seeping through my shirt. I look and see the sword, his own golden sword, jabbed through his chest letting the blood drip down onto me from the tip of the blade. The cackling voice comes closer and I feel the elevator slowly start to descend. “No, what my dear?”