"Who said i was staring?" god i was on edge. I crossed my arms over my chest to make me look more intimidating. I know his brother but still.

"Well, tell that to the drool on your face" he chuckled and just as i was about to make a comment about him lying he added "she's coming"

Without thinking i wiped my mouth clean, only to find that there was no drool. The dipshit. He laughed and i was about to hit him over the head when i heard her soft voice.

"Hey guys" such a simple greeting but my heart rate increased. Why? I don't know.

"Hey Sammy, i missed you" Cam said then swung his arm over her shoulder. I clenched my fists and i think Cam noticed because he looked down then took his fucking arm off of her.

"Well then i have to find the girls, see you in a while" she said but not before giving me a small smile. That action alone made my heart skip a beat. Not because she smiled but because she smiled at me alone.

This friendship thing was gonna be hard. No scratch that, it is hard.

SAM's POV

I was just getting my first few periods' books out of my locker when i heard my friends from down the hallway. Such loud mouths. I smiled to myself as i awaited their arrival beside me.

"Hey my babe" came Lily's voice from the locker beside me.

"Morning sunshine" was Jessie's greeting from beside Lily.

"Hey my lovelies. What's up?" i asked while stuffing my books into my bag and closing my locker afterwards.

"Nothing much but did you guys hear about Zack?" Lily said in response. My heart stopped and then picked up speed. Just his name can do that. It's really unbelievable and mostly annoying that i can't control my own heart beat.

"What about him?" i tried to sound calm and even played with my short hair to seem bored. However my voice betrayed me and i sounded way too eager.

My friends noticed and gave me weird looks but they had that weird smile on their faces. You know that smile that says 'I know all your secrets'.

"Well, Brittany" her name made me cringe "...says that she and Zack belong together and that he already belongs to her and all that shiz"

"The girl is delusional" Jessie snorted

Truth is, i hate this 'friends' thing. I know that it was my idea but i wish he had stopped me from that dumb idea.

I liked Zack.

More than i would like to admit.

These pass two weeks were hell. Our group of friends would always be going on road trips the weekends or hitting the mall. Everywhere we went i could sense the eyes of all the girls, women even mothers, basically females, maybe some guys... i digress, anyway i could sense their eyes trained on the Greek God that was Zack Knight.

Girls wearing the tightest and shortest clothing would approach him and hand over their numbers. Zack flirted back but once they left i saw him crumble the paper with their numbers on it. That made me smile but not happy.

I kept comparing myself to the other girls. I kept finding my flaws where as these girls had everything that i didn't. It was hell but it was my own fault.

"Sammy!" jumping up, i snapped out of my thoughts. I keep doing that, zoning out.

"Yeah?"

"Where the hell is your head? You keep looking off into space?" Jessie asked. I just shook my head and smiled.