Chapter #49

Eid Mubarak everyone!

I won't ask you to remember me while eating Tikka because of my bad flu but remember me in your prayers.

Happy Eid :)

Mahnoor's POV

"Would you please stop that?" My voice came out as a plea. For some reason, I couldn't yell at him like I used to do at home when I was angry. But that didn't mean that I am not mad at him. It was his fault, he should have asked me about my studies before throwing me in front of a huge Dinosaur.

"Stop what?" Moosa asked, putting his face in his palm. I left the bedroom and came to his study so I can concentrate on my studies, but he followed me here like a lost puppy.

"Staring at me." I scowl, but he didn't say anything, just smiled.

I was already not in my right mind to study anything. The horror of the incident that happened a few days ago was still fresh in my mind, I still shuddered whenever I think what would have happened to me if Moosa didn't rescue me on time and the questions I had are still unanswered. Well, this wasn't his fault. I was the one who couldn't bring up those topics. Not because I was scared or anything but because I lose all of my confidence and get extremely self-conscious whenever he gives me his full attention, just like now.

"I asked you to stop staring at me. I cannot concentrate." I said when he didn't quit.

"What's bothering you?" He suddenly changed the topic.

"Huh?"

"You are disturbed. Why?" He asked, covering the distance between us.

"N-Nothing." I averted my eyes.

He knows...

"I would have believed it if I didn't hear you talking in your sleep." He dragged a chair and sat in front of me.

"I don't talk in my sleep." I frowned.

"No, you don't. It was a lie, but you are disturbed and don't deny it." He leaned closer, putting his elbows on his knees.

"There are a few things... No, actually there are many things that I don't understand and no matter how much I try, I couldn't come to any conclusion." I asked, rolling the page of my notebook with my fingers tips.

"That's why you should ask me."

"I... what did that woman want from me?  She kidnapped me because... I am your wife? Or was it something else?"

"It is a very long story, Noor." He sighed.

"Don't avoid it after asking. It will continue to bother me even if you throw a dinosaur-like tutor on me." He chuckled.

"That dinosaur is one of my best men."

"So, he is not a teacher?" My eyes widened, he shook his head in negative.

"Then why is he tutoring me? Can't you find a decent person in the whole city?"

"Sarmad is a very decent man, Noor."

"Yes, but he is huge and looks like a wrestler rather than a teacher." 

"What does teaching have to do with looks?"

"Nothing! But why him?"

"Because I don't like the idea of an unknown man to come to my house when I am not around."

"You don't trust me?" What he said shocked me.

"I don't trust myself." He mumbled, looking away.