Chapter# 46

Dedicated to @kiwikiwi18

Mahnoor's POV:

What is happening to me...?

Tightening my grip on a washbasin, I closed my eyes and not long after, my head began spinning worse than before.

I should ask Moosa to take me home...

Thie thought relaxed me.

Carefully, I started to take steps towards the door, but before I could reach it, I stumbled upon my Sari and nearly hit the floor but two slightly wrinkled hands helped me in regaining my balance. I glanced to my side and find a middle-aged woman holding me from my arms.

"Are you alright, beta (child)? Do you need any help?" She inquired gently.

"I...no. Can you-" I couldn't finish my sentence, as I felt a needle in my arm. I hissed because of pain and everything went blank.

~*~

"Lay her on the bed."

In the state of half-consciousness, I heard a woman's strict voice and slowly I started to become aware of the environment. The arms carrying me feel masculine and after putting me on a bed, they slid away. My heart dropped instantly on the realization that the person who was carrying me wasn't Moosa. I recognize his touch and his scent. I tried to open my eyes but to no avail and the same goes with my entire body. I was unable to move a muscle but my senses were working properly.

What have they done to me???

"No. Don't tie her. Just give her another dosage." The woman said again.

"She didn't have dinner. Another dosage can be dangerous." This time it was a man.

"Hm...! Then we take her now. Check the preparation." She ordered.

Take me? Where???

Have I been caught by one of Moosa's enemies???

I tried to move again but a loud thud brings my attention towards my environment again.

"YOU..." I heard the woman. Her voice wavered for a nanosecond before she composed herself and said, "I wasn't expecting you to react so fast."

My body froze at the thought that I might be caught by another party. It was clear from the woman's voice that he was not a companion of hers.

"It wasn't a reaction, to begin with, and I came to take back what is mine." I felt like my soul comes back to my body when I heard the other person's voice.

Moosa...

"I see you have gone better." The woman scoffed.

"And I see you are losing your touch, Mrs Sherazi. Perhaps it's the age factor. You should have listened to my advice to take retirement from this work and do something good or else how will you face Allah in the afterlife?" Moosa replied with the same mockery. Something I never thought he was able to do.

"Now, back to business. I was here to take my wife back, but since I've found you here, we can chat a little." He said calmly.

"What do you want to know?" The woman asked.

"Why did you kill Kamil's family?" Moosa asked.

What...?

"Because you killed Kamil." She retorted.

"It doesn't make sense. You can find better men than Kamil to work for you. So what's the real reason behind this childish move?"

Huh???