Chapter#23

Mahnoor's POV:

"Answer my question." He demanded but I kept quiet with my eyes still closed, waiting for any sort of painful hit on the pull. But instead, I received a gentle kiss on the neck.

~*~

Moosa's POV:

She gasped, as my lips start exploring her soft skin from her neck to the jawline. I sneaked my other hand on her lower back and pulled her closer to me. She was trembling, wiggling in my arms and I know she was crying but I don't want to stop... not now.

I was also aware that the thought of that man had already left her mind because all of her focus was on getting away from me. She dug her nail into my shoulders, making me hiss. I quickly changed our position and lay her back on the couch. Hovering over her, I leaned closer and continue my exploration as far as her clothing allows.

"Stop it!" She cried out loud.

I really wanted to ignore her cry for now but I couldn't. As soon as those words left her mouth, I stopped. I had to... If I didn't, then there will be no stopping at all and she will never forgive me for that.

I peer down at her fragile form and the view that came in front of my eyes was intoxicating. Trembling soft lips, crimson face, the rise and fall of her chest because of unsteady breaths, and her shivering hands on my shoulders. It made me want her more.

I cupped her face with a hand and wiped her tears.

"S-stay away." She cried.

"Sssh...! Don't talk." I breathed out, placing a kiss on her forehead and then the tip of her nose. I lean down to her lips but stopped in the middle upon hearing a knock on the door.

Darn it...!

"Who's there?" I asked, without taking my eyes off of her.

"Kanwal." I heard her voice.

Great timing!

I scoffed and got up. I pulled out a t-shirt from the wardrobe and walk into the bathroom.

~*~

Mahnoor's POV:

I didn't find the strength to open the door for her or say 'come in'. I just sat on the couch, hugging myself.

"Give us five minutes, Kanwal." Moosa's gruff voice made me jump a little but I didn't look at him.

"Get up and wash your face." I heard his voice but ignored it.

"I am talking to you." He crouched down in front of me and I turned my face to the other side. But the next moment, he held my face and turned me back to him.

"Stop crying. I haven't done anything yet. You can save your tears for later. But for now, don't ruin your face. We have our Walima today and you have to look pretty ...for me." He left my face and said, "come on, get up now. Or I'll have to send Kanwal back just like Ahad did yesterday."

"What...? Why?" I asked in confusion.

"You were being overly emotional yesterday and naturally it would affect Kanwal and she would have been angry at Ahad. So he did the simple thing and sent her back." He said in a bored tone.

"It's up to you now, whether you want to see your friend or should I call Ahad...? Oh, and we are leaving for the capital city tomorrow. This visit will take about a month or two... So, what will you do?" He asked, waving his phone.

Anger started boiling in me but I choose to keep my mouth shut. I went to the bathroom and wash my face. My eyes were red and swollen from crying. I came back to the room and combed my hair, tie them in a braid. All the while, I felt his eyes on me. I was already having a hard time controlling my anger and his continuous gaze was making it worse.

And soon I lost it.

"Why the hell are you staring at me? Haven't you seen a girl before?" I practically yelled at him.

He was taken aback by my sudden outburst but soon a smirk crept upon his face. He slowly leaned back on the couch and answered, "I've never seen my wife walking in my room like this before."

"It's inappropriate to stare."

"Fine! I don't mind touching you." He moved to get up. All of the earlier moments flashed back in my mind and I took several steps back.

"Or I should let it pass and enjoy your blushed face for now." His smirk widened and he settled back to his position again.

Blushing??? ...am I really...?

I abruptly turned to the mirror, receiving a low chuckle from behind. My eyes widened when I saw my face. It really was as red as a tomato. I unconsciously touch my cheeks.

Why am I blushing??? I shouldn't be...

My thoughts were interrupted by his voice.

"Your body responds to my thought and touch... It seems that it is aware of who you belong to. So quit deceiving yourself, love. You know there is no escaping from me." It sounded like a threat and his piercing gaze make it clear as day.

I was stuck with him in a situation where he will be the winner at all costs.

There is indeed no escaping from him....!

__________________________________

Salam and hello everyone!

*Another short chapter with a request of waiting till the weekend for long one :)
* I was planning to write more but really had a bad day today so I couldn't keep up with my plan. Sorry (!_!)
*A very big bunch of thanks to you readers for keep supporting. All your votes really boost my energy and your comments encourage me, help me to improve more :)
*Back to story now!
So... just say what you had in your mind. <-----(too lazy to write anymore)
Uff! Wattpad should be connected to the mind directly. Lazy people should have rights too.

Anyways, don't forget to vote and comment!

Take Care :)