Chapter#41

Moosa's POV:

Closing my eyes, I aimlessly lay on the bed. After a long drive back home, I didn't feel like moving a muscle. If it wasn't for Noor, I would rather like to stay there... alone with her in peace, where I didn't have to deal with terrifying stares from everyone. I don't blame them for it. They are aware of my bad temper when I am sick. But today I didn't have time to get angry with their fearful stares or for giving me bread for breakfast as my mind was preoccupied with many things.

I was aware of the fact that Noor would accuse me of everything and we will be back to where our relationship started ... which I may not be able to tolerate anymore. She was finally starting to adjust to things and beginning to behave more like a normal person instead of staying like a prisoner. I wanted things to be better, not worse.

With a low knob circling sound, the door opened and Noor came in. I can tell by her scent and the way she walked or should I say tiptoes as she was walking into a lion's den. I felt her presence near me and then her hand on my forehead.

Is she trying to feel my temperature???

Her hand rested there for a while before it travelled to my hair. I couldn't stop myself from smiling and as soon as it forms on my face, her hand pulled away.

"Wait." Opening my eyes, I called her. She stopped, keeping her back to me.

"I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" She didn't turn to me.

I got up from the bed and wrap my arms around her. I think she will need it. Her body stiffened but she didn't struggle to get free, which I really like.

" There has been an incident. Your Khala's (mother' sister) family is no more... They were murdered this morning." I said slowly and wait for her response which didn't come, but soon her breathing became laboured and her body started to tremble.

"Noor?" I squeezed her shoulder lightly.

"Why...did you kill...all of them."

As expected!

"I didn't kill anyone."

"Lie." Her voice was barely audible.

'If I wanted to kill them, I would've done it long ago.' Is what I wanted to say but this wasn't what she needs to hear.

"It's not a lie and... believe me, I would never lie to you... I didn't kill them. Trust me on this." I squeezed her gently, hoping that she would believe me but she didn't answer.

Slowly, she lowered her head and clutches my arm with both of her hands. Her sobs became loud as her tears start to wet my arm. I sighed, snuggling my head in her loosely braided hair and tightened my grip around her. I fear that she would collapse if I let her go.

We stood there in silence, didn't know for how long. I started to feel dizzy because of the effect of medicine or maybe my fever was getting high but I don't feel like letting her go and sleep when she was clinging onto my arm like this.

"I want to meet Ami." She said when her sobs died down.

"Hm... I'll ask Kanwal to go with you." I answered.

"I need to get ready." She said, taking her hands off of my arm. I also let her go and lay back down on the bed.

She slowly walked into the bathroom and after a minute or so, she came out with her swelled red eyes. I just lay there and watched her getting ready. Within ten minutes, she left for her mother's house with Kanwal. I strictly told Kanwal to inform me if anything goes wrong.