Chapter#7

Mahnoor's POV:

I know hiding my face with my dupatta won't help me get away from him, but I wasn't a fan of attention. Walking briskly, I turned in the nearest alley not caring where it led, it was then when my phone rang.

"Hello," I answered, knowing very well who it was on the other end.

"Stay where you are." I heard Moosa's voice, frowning at his command and cursing myself for coming to college today.

His black Prado stopped on the roadside. The door was opened by one of his men, who stood stiffly while clutching the door handle. Moosa came out in his black fitted T-shirt and jeans. He was not wearing his holster which relaxed me a bit. He stopped in front of me and I had to crane my neck to look up at him.

"Assalam o Alaikum Noor. How is your foot now?" His voice was soft.

"Better." I answer, hoping he will get the message and leave.

"Great, now come. I'll drop you home." I sighed before answering, "I am thankful for your offer but it's okay. I am capable of going home on my own."

"I wasn't asking, Noor." He stated.

I could see the frown forming on his forehead. I closed my eyes for a nanosecond to gather all of my courage to say my next words.

"I am sorry. It goes against my morals... earlier that day at the food court, I went with you because I don't like to be the centre of attention. But I cannot do that again. Kindly understand that going with an unknown man is not right for a girl." I said with all the modesty I could muster at the moment.

A moment of utter silence passed. I raised my head to look at him, finding a satisfied smile on his face. He turned and left without saying another word. Without wasting another second I turned started running toward my house.

~*~

"And he left just like that?" I was currently talking to Laiba on my cell phone, after revealing today's events. She was left stunned just as I was were before. Apparently, Moosa Khan leaving like that was a big shock.

"Yes." I replied for the umpteenth time, annoyance crystal clear in my voice.

"You got lucky, Mano."

I sighed before replying, "Yep, I offered Nafil to thank Allah. Who knows what could have happened.." I pause, thinking of all types of gruesome scenarios, "I was alone with that beast there." I shivered remembering it.

"Hmm.. Oye listen. You should tell your family now. At least let your mother knows." I know she was right.

"Yes yar, I will tell her tonight." I decided but I feared my mother's reaction.

"Good. I got to go now. Don't forget to tell Auntie okay?"

"Okay boss."

"Allah Hafiz." Came her rushed reply and with that, I ended the call. My phone's screen was warm because of sticking to my face for so long. During my observation, I noticed another incoming call.

"Assalam o Alaikum Bhai."

"Walaikum Assalam Mano, where are you?" My brother asked

"In my room. Why?" I replied back, not sure of where this conversation was going.

"Okay, listen carefully and don't panic." My heart went frenzy hearing that.

"Bhai, what happened?" I frowned.

"Papa is in the hospital. He had a car accident." My vision blurred, my eyes widened. I could hear my own heartbeat.

"Don't worry, he is fine Alhamdulillah but the doctor said it would be better if he'd have a proper check-up. It will take some time so we will be late. Don't tell Ami. We will tell her tonight when we get home." I didn't believe him for a second.