𝙺𝚒𝚍𝚗𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚍

While everyone was having fun Abhi secretly texted Manik and both went to his room to talk. Nobody noticed them walking away as they were engrossed in their conversations.

"Hey bro what is it? Everything is going fine right?" Manik asked Abhi patting his back in a concerning manner.

"Manik Harshad and Ajay ran away. They aren't in prison anymore. I'm hundred percent sure he'll target Mukti or Nandini to get to you. We have to increase their security and do something about this"

"Don't worry I know what to do. I've hired more guards but I'll increase their security. Also I have to inform Xavier since I'm sure he might go after his daughter Luna too" Manik said and both started talking on it animatedly thinking of different plans.

"but how do u know that he's planning against us if anything" Manik asked curious.

"I was done with my security check when a man spilled coffee all over my shirt. So I bought a new one at the airport and went to the washroom to change. That's when I overheard a man take your name so I hid and followed him and heard his conversation. Before I could confront him he cut the call and left. With my luck he was in the same flight as me for here so I decided to let it go but keep an eye out for him".

Manik nodded and they walked out and found everyone busy not evening realizing yet of their absence. As they came back and settled in their place  Nandini rested her head on Manik's shoulder and entwined her fingers with him. He held her and kissed the top of her head.

As they were tired they slept in the living room itself not realizing what time it was.

The next day:-
The force was gathered walking around and speaking into their wireless device.

The commissioner assured Manik "Mr. Malhotra we were able to locate your wife. We're going in for her rescue please do not worry".

Flashback to the morning

Nandini and Manik left together for their work leaving their friends back home. Nandini was going to work half day as she planned to have lunch with the girls and go shopping. In noon they waited for her but when her phone went to voicemail and she was over an hour late they informed Manik. He rushed home after calling in his contacts the commissioner of police personally came to help him out. Manik gave him all information about Harshad being behind this as only he had motive. They were here since then trying to trace down Nandini.

Flashback ends.

Manik requested the officers to let him go in with them. He soon was able to convince them and they reached the traces location and found some goons by different areas  guarding. They were 6 in number. The police had a needle gun whose tip contained a medication that made them unconscious the minute it hit them.
After putting the goons in the jeep with men guarding them from escaping they made plans to invade the building. Manik went in alone after having a long conversation with the officer and a bullet proof vest in place underneath his t - shirt and a gun to be able to protect himself if there were any goons inside. When Manik gives them a signal they would barge in.

Inside the abandoned building:-

In one corner two people were seated. One was tied to a chair and the other sat in the opposite side.

Manik came in and found harshad tied to the chair. He froze for a second and thought to himself who had the guts to do that. He went ahead and placed a gun on their head asking them to turn around. Manik was shocked seeing the person. It was his....
"Mom" Manik whispered.

"Mom what are you doing here" he said breaking the hug he had pulled her into looking her all over checking for injuries.

Niyonika said to Manik kicking Harshad after saying the last bit "he and that bitch Ajay kidnapped us. They separated us and that guy took her away leaving his useless son here"

As she said her name Manik panicked and asked "mom where is she? Is she fine? And how come your here? Aren't you supposed to be back home?"

Niyonika said smiling sadly "Manik Nandini is not here like I said. I was here to visit you guys your dad was coming too but he left to California for an urgent business meeting so I decided to come here first. I told Nandini about it as I wanted to surprise you and she came to pick me up at the airport".

Manik hugged her and said "don't worry ma that bastard is just hiding in this building in a secret corner cause I checked all over and I didn't find my wife"
Violence from now
Both mother son duo smirked evilly when Niyonika said "we won't get arrested for hurting this bitch right"

"Nah plus I'm sure they plan on torturing in prison either way"

Both turned to Harshad after that and asked him about Nandini's whereabouts calmly but firmly.

"I'll die but I won't tell her location to you idiots" He spat angrily.

"I don't think so right ma?" Manik said and took a knife from the table Harshad had their and cut his palm and Niyonika put salt on his wound as he shrieked in pain. He didn't answer but after taking quite the beating he finally gave up.

"she is on the other side of the building in the underground. The colorful wall is hollow. Behind it are stairs that go down. That's where she is"

"Now, wasn't that easy. You should have given up before instead of just being so stubborn" Manik said and he along with Niyonika went taking all the tools with them and making sure he doesn't have anything to escape not before kicking him one last time on the family jewels.

Safe to read again

Niyonika and Manik reached the other side and Manik asked her to stay behind as a backup. Lie.

She nodded not knowing it was his plan so that she stayed safe. He then found the way behind the wall and quietly walked down the stairs. He stayed hidden only to see Nandini tied to a chair along with Ajay sitting in front of her talking about his plans to torture and rape her. Manik was losing his cool hearing his words but he calmed himself for her safety. Manik looked around to find something to hit Ajay with. He found few rods that were thrown to the side. They made a little noise but ajay heard it and he became alert. He walked towards the wall to check while Manik moved. He came from behind and kept his gun on his head.

"How stupid of you to kidnap my wife Ajay don't you think. I want to kill you but I can't I promised the police to have their fun with you and leave you alive" he shot his leg and then hit him hard that made him go unconscious.

He heard a whimper around him and ran towards his wife. He untied her and kissed her all over trying to say something but he couldn't. He lifted her in his arms and made a call from his device. Soon the police came in and told him that Harshad was also captured and his mom was getting treated for the two three bruises she had. After which he took Ajay away with them and Manik took her back home with Niyonika where the rest waited forcefully on Manik's words. They all sat together to eat as Xavier's family joined them. Abhi had gotten rid of the guards since they failed in protecting Nandini. That evening Manik felt better as it was done now. No more problems would arise. He'll make sure of it.

Word count:- 1335 words

Snow💋