Chapter 11- As Time Went On

(AUDRIANA’S POV)

The long three months I had been waiting to pass finally went by, and the day for Chris’ concert in Atlanta finally came too. He said he had a big surprise to tell me, and I had something to tell him too.

“Hey Audri,” he called me on the night of the show, “I’m having someone pick you up in like twenty minutes.”

“Alright, I’ll see you in a few,” I loved saying that.

He hung up.

I walked outside to the front of the building (I now moved into Chris’ condo since my mom moved in with her FIANCÉ!). I was wearing a black long-sleeved dress with black heels to the concert since it was a little chilly.

One of Chris’ drivers picked me up and we drove the fifteen minutes to the arena where he was.

When I got backstage, everyone looked really busy. There were dancers practicing their moves, backup singers trying to harmonize and stage crew walking back and forth. I didn’t know where to go.

“Audri!” I heard a familiar voice yell from behind me.

I turned around and saw Chris. It was as if I hadn’t seen him in years. Without reluctance, I ran up to him and hugged him feeling ecstatic, and I could tell he was too because he picked me up and spun me around.

“I missed you so much,” he kissed me before I could say anything.

I looked at him and saw he had his first outfit on for the night and microphone taped to his face.

“You look different,” he said with a smile on his face.

“I know, I gained some weight while you were gone,” I replied.

“But, you still look great,” he smiled and kissed me again.

One of the tech people came up to us, “Chris, we’re about to start soon. They need you in the main room.”

Chris turned to me, “I’d love to catch up, but I really have to go, so I’ll see you after the show.”

“Alright,” he let me go and walked into one of the rooms.

I had never been so happy to see him. I was waiting for him to tell me the news he said he had to tell me and I prepared to tell him the news I had.

The show started and there were sooo many people in the crowd that I could barely hear even though I was backstage.

He sung a few songs off his new album, and one that was supposed to be on his next album. And, I loved watching him perform because his dance moves were precise and perfect.

“Are you guys having a great time tonight?” Chris said into the mic after he sung ‘Isn’t This Love’.

The crowd cheered really loud.

“The next song I’m gonna sing is an old one,” he said, “It’s from my album ‘FAME’ form a few years ago…Can I sing it?”

The crowd cheered even louder than before.

“Alright…but first, I wanna bring out a special guest…someone that means a lot to me and that I’ve grown to love so much,” Chris walked toward where I was standing backstage and my heart began beating so fast.

I wasn’t expecting him to do this, but he grabbed my hand and walked with me onto the stage.

“Audri,” he took a deep breath, “We’ve know each other for a while…and I know we’ve been through so much recently, but I know we can get through it. I just want you to know that I love you, and nothing will ever come between us again.”