6. Kahlil Gibran

"All that spirits desire, spirits attain."

"Let there be no purpose in friendship save the deepening of the spirit."

"In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things, does the heart find its morning and is refreshed."

"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being."

"They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price."

"Of life's two chief prizes, beauty and truth, I found the first in a loving heart and the second in a laborer's hand."

"I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit."

"Yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream."

"My loneliness was born when men praised my talkative faults and blamed my silent virtues."

"One day you will ask me which is more important? My life or yours? I will say mine and you will walk away not knowing that you are my life."

"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need."

"Work is love made visible. And if you can't work with love, but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work and sit at the gate of the temple and take alms of the people who work with joy"