My aunt just smiles it me. "Of course you can Little Sophie. Just hold up on asking her questions until we get that blood going into her, got it?" She asks firmly, and I nod. "Okay, let's go then."

...

When we are outside the door I stop when I hear the second greatest singing voice I have ever heard, the first one being my mother of course. The voice behind the door is distinctly male. It is pure and sweet, like pouring fresh caramel. I can tell from the sound of the voice that it's Colt's. I then look towards my Aunt, who gives me a nod of approval. I then open the door quietly, and step in.

Once inside I am met with the words to the song, along with the source. Colt's sitting in a chair at Misty's bedside skimming his thumb gently across the surface of the back of her hand, which is intertwined with his. Misty's laying in her bed breathing smoothly now, with Colt slightly hovering over her, singing to her softly.

Instead of ruining their little moment. I just stand back, keep quiet, and let the words of the song take me away.

Only you can make this world seem right,

Only you can make the darkness bright.

Only you and you alone

Can thrill me like you do,

And fill my heart with love for only you.

Only you can make this change in me,

For it's true, you are my destiny.

When you hold my hand I understand

The magic that you do.

You're my dream come true,

My one and only you.

"Only you can make this world seem right,

Only you can make the darkness bright. "Only you and you alone

Can thrill me like you do,

And fill my heart with love for only you. Only you can make this change in me,

For it's true, you are my destiny.

When you hold my hand I understand

The magic that you do.

You're my dream come true,

My one, my one and only you.

Only you,

Only you,

Only you,

Only you,

Only you, (only you)

Mm-mm-mm-mm,

Mm-mm-mm-mm, (only you)

Mm-mm-mm-mm.

After Colt finishes with the last few words he sits back in his chair, his hand never letting go of Misty's. I decide to let my presents be known, and knock on the wall. "Knock, knock" I say softly as I come further into the room.

Colt's head slowly rises, and he looks at me. "Oh, hey Alpha" Colt greets softly.

I then start to walk over towards the bed, my eyes fixed on Misty. Her skin is pale, almost paper white, I then look down, and see an even worse site. Misty's exposed stomach with a thick, white bandage wrapped all the way around it, which is slowly soaking through with every breath she breathes. I then shake my head to remove those images from my mind.