Impressions

★·.·✶·.·★·.·✶·.·★
III

"Thanks for the ride Marco, I guess this means I owe you one." I pouted at the handsome blonde boy who was still straddled to his seat.

"You definitely do." He winked suggestively before he rode off; leaving me to make my own way to the beach.

"See you around." I replied before heading towards the trail, which cascaded down the beach in a meandering pattern.

My sandles comfortably padded against the boardwalk which was decorated with little shells which had managed to escape the danger of being smashed by naïve feet.

The skin subtly soaked additional sun rays deep into it's complexion and bronzed my surroundings. I decided to take a shortcut route instead of my usual one; today seemed to be laced with unknown adventure so I just followed the signs accordingly.

As the familiar and breath taking view of the sea short caught my attention; I couldn't help but appreciate my surroundings in a moment of selfish indulgence.

It was blissful.

Before I could set my thoughts straight I spotted a group of surfers dancing across the waves in a serene sequence. They seemed to bounce energetic vibes off of one another and I could help by smile at the adolescents fooling around.

They seemed so skilled and trusting in their surfboards.

I realised that my eyes had been obviously staring when a pair of familiar ones stared back at me with a devilish grin.

His shaggie blonde hair was a dead give a way.

He looked surprised to see me; but I didn't feel surprised I felt something else.

It felt like surprise but happier.

I gasped at recognition of my overly friendly neighbour and tried to divert my gaze onto the crowd which was swamped across the sandy décor.

I searched furiously for the two figures who I initially was attempting to find, but my subconsciously kept on staring at Marco.

He'd changed out of his shorts and was now wearing a very tight wetsuit that fitted his body like a glove and made my thoughts run wild with adventure.

I stumbled across a free spot to sit down and sent a quick text to my sister; to try and distract myself from wondering across Marco's physique with my wondering interest.

I pulled out my newest reading book and tried to furrow my nose into it as well as divert my wondering eyes.

For a couple of minutes I really lost my self in the novel but Marco's echoing and attractive laugh resonated to my eagerly accepting ears.

I glanced towards to where the noise was coming from and noticed that he had his arms draped across a group of friends, which made me feel a tinge of jealous.

Freckles you don't like this guy? Do you? I thought to myself.

Before I had the chance to answer the question which I posed to myself I decided to send a quick text to my sister.

13:25
Beth:
Where are you two? X
Freckles

I decided to give up my act of trying to pretend that I hadn't noticed Marco. I brushed myself down in a calm manner before I headed in the direction of the group of friends which he was surrounded close to the Rock pool.

I could tell that his frequent side glances confirmed that he noticed me too.

"Freckles, thought you'd were heading down to South side?" He cocked his head adorably.

Although I tried to pretend that I hadn't managed to get lost on my journey down to the beach, but hay was a secret he wouldn't need to know.

"Thought I'd see what all the fuss is about North side." I grinned happily, " Since when did you call me freckles." I frowned slightly."

"Since I bumped into your sister and she asked me to give you a lift."

"Oh." I blushed as I noticed my sister and Aaron drapped across each other on the opposite side of the beach.

★·.·✶·.·★·.·✶·.·★
Please comment,
vote & add to reading lists;
if you enjoy reading this book.