Patience

★·.·✶·.·★·.·✶·.·★
II

I lay in bed for what felt like a few minutes after Beth had left with her very attractive lover, I glanced at the alarm clock on my bedside table to be astonished that two hours had past since their departure.

How can I sleep for this long? I puzzled to myself.

Reluctantly I planted my feet gently onto the ground and tried to push myself off my comfortable and homely bedcovers. But somehow my legs hadn't gotten the message that sleep was no longer taking place as I tumbled to the floor gracelessly.

Ouch.

Whilst I was sitting on the creaky old floorboards I found my pair of dungarees which Beth was wearing earlier and decided to slip them on as elegantly as I could. Which was rather a fail to say the least as I struggled to heave them on whilst lazily slumped in the same position, but I managed it eventually.

I grabbed a random shirt which I presumed was clean and clothed myself whilst still in a half asleep daze. I decided to leave my hair in its natural blonde unkempt state and I hesitated to catch a glance in the mirror but I realised that I didn't look half that bad today.

Maybe even a little attractive?

My thoughts were already on getting down to south side as soon as possible; I was flash out of the door without the blink of an eye and even the stimulant of a brain cell as I left my swimsuit, phone and book perched on my bedside table.

As I strolled down the side walk I realised that the temperature was already baking my skin. Droplets of perspiration soothed me in an effort to cool down, although I was really starting to feel the heat.

Naturally I already had a tanned base coat to my complexion so I was also reluctant to wear sun cream but I knew my sister would lather me up as soon as she saw the state of me.

"Trish, wait up." I heard a familiar scooter race up beside me.

"Marco, what do I owe the pleasure of your company?" I smiled obnoxiously as my curious neighbour, who always snuck up on me as I left the house.

His hair was jet black with a slight curl to it, which I thought suited his free spirited behaviour. He wore his usual pair of khaki beige shorts and a top that I barely acknowledged to be doing its job as it exposed most of his chest.

But I had to admire he was in a good shape, lately.

"Just thought I'd say hello." He grinned happily. I had to admit that he was cute, if he wasn't five years younger than me, I could even stammer on saying that he was attractive but cute would do for now.

"I'm heading to the  peer, do you want to give me a lift?" I cocked my head seductigely to persuade him but I already knew he was very keen to have me ride his bike.

"Of course, hop on." He rubbed the remaining space behind him to encourage me to sit.

But it didn't take much encouragement as my legs were weak from not doing enough exercise this summer. I sighed in relief slightly as my body was able to relax as I perched on his bike.

"You're a life saver." I voiced sarcastically.

"Don't go round telling everyone, it'll be our little secret." He glanced at me flirtatiously before he started to rev his engine.

"Whatever you say Marco." I wrapped my arms around his abdomen for support as his whirled along the outskirts of the road.

The intermittent honking of car horns entertained me as I examined the satisfying view of the coastline.

I wasn't quite sure whether they were sounding at his bad riding skills or the fact that I'd noticeably forgotten to wear a bra today.

★·.·✶·.·★·.·✶·.·★
Please comment,
vote & add to reading lists;
if you enjoy reading this book.