Together Forever

After Rasputin's gory death, Anya looked down to Braedey, who lies there, still as death. She gently strokes his hair. "Ooh... Oh no.. Braedey...No..." Tears start to form in her eyes, and roll down her cheeks, and some drip onto Braedey's torso.

Pooka sniffs Braedey's face, then pouts. He howls to the bright moon in the midnight sky, praying for a miracle to happen.

Suddenly, Braedey's eyes gently open! He looks at Anya, and wipes away her tears. She looks at him with a shocked expression, as he sits up, as Anya carefully sits in his lap holding his shoulder. "Anastasia...my sister...I will never leave you again."

Suddenly, their faces move closer together. Both are so happy the other is alive that their love can't help but sputter out...

"I thought you were going to St. Peter....."

"I was..."

"You didn't take the..."

"I couldn't."

"Why?"

"Because... I..."

Their lips are about to meet when Pooka barks. The romantic spell is broken once again. They both pull apart to see Pooka with Anya's crown in his mouth, and wagging his tail excitedly. Braedey takes the crown from the little dog, looks at it, and then hands it to Anya.

"Oh... they're waiting for you."

Anya looks at him, then at the crown. At him. Then, the crown.

'I know just what to do.' Anya thinks to herself, since she has an idea, and smiles gently to Braedey.

~*~*~

At the palace, a hat box sits opened on a table. The crown sits next to it. And next to the crown, a silver sword with a red and blue hilt. Next to the sword is a note. 'Forscapimas...tetale inoqua', it said, and in English, 'The Legend Exists.' Sophie cries tears of joy as she stares at the note that came with it. Marie picks up the note, and reads what it says.

'Dear Grandmama, wish me luck. We'll be together in Paris again soon. A bientot.'

'To Grandmama. This is a promise I cannot break. No matter what, your youngest granddaughter will stay by my side, and will never leave my sight. Until we meet again."

"They've eloped. Isn't it romantic? It's a perfect ending." Sophie cried happily.

Marie, regal and wise, stares out a window at a distant boat on the Seine. "No. It's a perfect beginning." Marie wipes away a tear from her eye before Sophie can see it. Marie gives the boat one last look: happy and sad, then turns to go.

~*~*~

Out on the riverboat on the River Seine, Braedey and Anya are dancing on the boat deck, under the beautiful starry sky, as they went down the river. Braedey smiled and chuckled happily, as Anya giggled happily along with Braedey.

Finally, Braedey and Anya looked into each other's eyes, their souls calming, and lovingly, they kissed passionately, knowing their threads of love have been sewn. Pooka, who had come along for the trip, saw the scene, and blushed.

As the young couple hugged lovingly after their kiss, they both recalled their adventures. Since their childhood when they met 10 years ago, reuniting 10 years later, the train and boat ride to Paris, and their magical time on their first dance.

'The day we come back to our homeland is not always known. But, when others look to the stars, they will think of them, as our souls.'

'And now, Anastasia...my beloved wife...we will always be...together forever...'

THE END