Once Upon A December

Braedey and Lightning rode down the path to the palace, and stopped by the front door. Braedey dismounted Lightning, as the horse suddenly glowed golden, and became human; at Braedey's height of 5ft, with brown hair, fair skin, brown eyes, wearing a brown leather jacket, a red shirt, brown jeans, and in a holster on his right side is a golden .44 Magnum Revolver. Lightning explained he was in that form for most of his life, and wishes to help Braedey find the Grand Duchess, and help reunite her with her grandmother.

Braedey opened the old wooden doors, and entered the palace. He and Lightning looked around, to see an eternity of memories still standing. Braedey looked around with wide eyes and a broad smile. He looked at an old mirror near the door to the ballroom, and saw his 8yr old self.

Braedey smiled, and he waved back to his past self, and saw him disappear. "Like a memory from a dream. So many happy memories running through these very walls." He said to himself.

Suddenly, Braedey heard a soft and calm female voice, and it was coming in the ballroom nearby. He and Lightning went over to the balcony to see.

Then, Braedey saw a slender, beautiful 18 year old woman, with fair skin, rosy cheeks, pink lips, long auburn hair, and beautiful blue eyes

Then, Braedey saw a slender, beautiful 18 year old woman, with fair skin, rosy cheeks, pink lips, long auburn hair, and beautiful blue eyes. She was wearing a torn dark dark yellow dress, with dark green boots, and alongside her, was a small dog. Braedey listened to the woman sing, and he thought she was an amazing singer indeed.

'She has the same singing voice like Anastasia. She might be her, but I'm not so sure.' Braedey thought, as he watched.

"Dancing bears,"
"Painted wings,"
"Things I almost remember,"
"And a song someone sings"
"Once upon a December."

"Someone holds me safe and warm."
"Horses prance through a silver storm."
"Figures dancing gracefully"
"Across my memory..."

Suddenly, emerging from the paintings on the walls, were the spirits of the Romanov family, all dressed up like they were 10 years ago. The woman walked down the stairs, and danced with the spirits, as Braedey watched in awe and shock.

"Someone holds me safe and warm."
"Horses prance through a silver storm."
"Figures dancing gracefully"
"Across my memory..."

Then, like magic, the woman's dress was replaced by a beautiful elegant yellow dress, with a tiara on her head, as she continued to dance. As she danced about, the spirit of Czar Nicholas II walked up to her, with the rest of the family behind him.

"Far away, long ago,"
"Glowing dim as an ember,"
"Things my heart"
"Used to know,"
"Things it yearns to remember..."

Then, the woman danced along with the spirit of Czar Nicholas II, and they had what seemed to be a moment of happiness.

"And a song"
"Someone sings..."