Prologue

'There was once a time, not very long ago, where we lived in an enchanted world, of elegant palaces, and grand parties. The year was 2008, and my second father, Nicholas II, was the Czar of imperial Russia.'

Inside the beautiful and exquisite Catherine Palace in the city of Russia, many many members of the Romanov family had come for the party, and they were dancing about, while Dowager Empress Marie was in her throne, watching her sons and daughters dance about. And among the crowd, was 8yr old Anastasia, dancing along with her adoptive brother, 8yr old Braedey Martin.

Braedey has golden brown hair with white skin, and blue eyes like Anastasia

Braedey has golden brown hair with white skin, and blue eyes like Anastasia. He's in a black shirt with golden embroidery around the chest and arms, while in a pair of blue pants with the same gold embroidery on it. He was laughing and having fun with his sister, and the two were getting along with their mother and father.

Awhile ago, Braedey was found by Anastasia and her father in the courtyard of the palace, all alone, and with nowhere to go. So, they welcomed Braedey into the Romanov family, but Nicholas II kept his last name, since he said he wanted to keep his name. So, he was named Braedey Romanov Martin, the future Grand Duke of Russia. Oddly, Braedey's backstory about him was unknown.

'We were celebrating our 300th anniversary of our family's rule, and that night, no star burned bright than that of my Anastasia, my youngest sister.'

Anastasia and Braedey walked up to Marie, and Anastasia showed a picture to Marie she drew.

'She begged Marie not to return to Paris, so Marie gave Anastasia a little something to make the separation easier for each other.'

Marie showed Anastasia a small green music box, with golden legs, and was studded with emeralds.

"For me? Is it a jewellery box?" Anastasia asked Marie.

"Look." Marie replied, turning a small key behind the box, and the music box opened, showing two figures dancing in a circle, while playing music.

"It plays our lullaby." Anastasia gasped.

"You can play it at night before you go to sleep, and pretend it's me singing." Marie added, holding Anastasia's hand, as she sang with Anastasia...

"On the wind, cross the sea,"
"Hear this song, and remember,"
"Soon you'll be, home with me,"
"Once upon a December..."

Anastasia, Marie and Braedey laughed and smiled at their small performance. Then, Marie held the music box, as she gave Anastasia the small necklace, and gave Braedey a necklace.

"Read what it says." Marie told the two kids.

Anastasia looked at hers, as Braedey looked at his. It was bright blue, like Anastasia's eyes, with red and silver lining, and in the shape of a sword.