A Rumor In St. Petersburg, and a Journey To The Past

(10 Years Later...)

Out in the white Winter wonderland of Russia's North, a brown horse and it's lonely rider, who has brown hair and bluish eyes, rode into the small town of St. Petersburg. This very small town was an industrial hub of factories for the railroads, and the starting point of The Russian Revolution.

Braedey Martin, now 18yrs old, wearing a torn-up black shirt, worn out black pants, and a ruined leather jacket, dismounted Lightning and they listened and watched the workers as they worked. He got the snow out of his golden brown hair, and saw it nearly matched his ghost white skin. Then, the two heard some start to talk about a cash prize reward for whoever returns the Grand Duchess Anastasia to Dowager Empress Marie.

[OLD WOMAN] St. Petersburg is gloomy!
[YOUNG WOMAN] St. Petersburg is bleak!
[MAN] My underwear got frozen standing here all week!
[GROUP] Oh, since the revolution our lives have been so gray!
[ALL] Thank goodness for the gossip that gets us through the day! Hey!
Have you heard, there's a rumor in St. Petersburg?
Have you heard, what they're saying on the street?

[FRIGHTENED MAN] Although the Czar did not survive, One daughter may be still alive!
[GROUP] The Princess Anastasia!
[FRIGHTENED MAN] But please do not repeat!
[ALL] It's a rumor, A legend, A mystery!
Something whispered in an alleyway
Or through a crack!
It's a rumour, That's part of our history.
[BABUSHKA] They say her royal grandmama
Will pay a royal sum
[ALL] To someone who can bring the princess back!

As Braedey walked with Lightning behind him, he looked at things that seemed to be stolen. 'Why?' He mental groaned to himself.

[BLACK MARKETER #1] A ruble for this painting!
It's Romanov, I swear!
[BLACK MARKETER #2] Count Yusopov's pajamas!
Comrade, buy the pair!
[BLACK MARKETER #3] I got this from the palace
It's lined with real fur!
[BLACK MARKETERS] It could be worth a fortune
If it belonged to her!

Braedey walked with Lightning trotting behind him into a shed. "I still can't believe it's been 18 years since the incident, and I still can't find her. But, I won't stop. Just think about it. The headlines of the time: 'Braedey Martin and Anastasia BACK TOGETHER'!!"

[BRAEDEY] It's the rumour,
The legend,
The mystery!
It's the Princess Anastasia who will help us fly!

Then, he pointed to Lightning, and danced around him, as Lightning neighed and danced also, following Braedey around.

[BRAEDEY] You and I friend
Will go down
In history!

Braedey picked up a photo of him and Anastasia, when they were 8, dancing around the icy lake, along with Nicholas II and their mother. Lightning nudged Braedey, and Braedey was ready to go.

[BRAEDEY] We'll find THE Anastasia we know and love, and tell her who we are,
Then help her get to Parie!
Imagine the reward dear old Grandmama will pay!
Who else could pull it off but you and me?

Then, thanks to Braedey's ability to hear animals talk, Lightning spoke in an American accent, for him being an American horse, of course.

[BRAEDEY] We'll be rich
[LIGHTNING] We'll be rich!
[BRAEDEY] We'll be out!
[LIGHTNING] We'll be out!
[BOTH] And St. Petersburg will have some more to talk about!

Then, Braedey and Lightning slid down a snowy rooftop, cheering, as the main court danced.

[ALL] SSH!
Have you heard, there's a rumor in St. Petersburg?
Have you heard, what they're saying on the street?
Hey! Hey! Hey!
Have you heard, there's a rumor in St. Petersburg!
Have you heard
[DELIGHTED GOSSIPER] Comrade, what do you suppose?
[ALL] A fascinating mystery!

Braedey jumped into the air, and landed on Lightning's back. Lightning reared up on his back legs, neighing loudly, as Braedey threw his hat into the air, and it landed onto his head.

[BRAEDEY] The biggest SHOCK in human history!!!
[ALL] The Princess Anastasia,
Alive or dead...

[WINDOW WASHER] Who knows?

Braedey and Lightning, ready for the journey ahead, left St. Petersburg, with a special mission:

find and return the Grand Duchess Anastasia.

~*~*~

As they rode out of St

As they rode out of St. Petersburg, Braedey and Lightning stopped by a newspaper on the road that read 'ANASTASIA LIVES'. Braedey dismounted Lightning, then looked down the snowy path, trying to look for footprints in the snow.

Then, he could've sworn he saw a ghostly figure of a woman standing in the middle of the path, and she seemed to be waving and holding her arms out for him to run into. Braedey sighed, thinking the woman was something from his past, and shook his head.

'Anastasia Romanov... I will return you home. I swear on my heart.' He thought to himself, as he mounted Lightning, and got ready to ride off down the path.

Heart don't fail me now
Courage don't desert me
Don't turn back now that we're here

Braedey and Lightning trotted their way through the snow, leaving behind their footprints, as they started to gain speed, heading somewhere Braedey knows of.

People always say
Life is full of choices
No one ever mentions... fear
Or how the world can seem so vast
On a journey...to the past

Braedey and Lightning continued their way down the snowy path, as the sun started to break through the dark clouds.

Somewhere down this road
I know someone's waiting
Years of dreams just can't be wrong
Arms will open wide
I'll be safe and wanted
Finally home where I belong
Well starting now I'm learning fast
On this journey...to the past

Braedey and Lightning soon reached a family. The two kids ran around Lightning, as the brown horse nudged the kids, and the kids patted Lightning. Braedey waved the family goodbye, and he and Lightning continued their way down the path.

Home, love, family
There was once a time I must have had them too
Home, love, family
I will never be complete until I find you

One step at a time
One hope, then another
Who knows where this road may go?
Back to who I was
On to find my future
Things my heart still needs to know

Yes! Let this be a sign
Let this road be mine
Let it lead me to my past
And bring me home

Lightning reared up on his rear legs, and Braedey threw his hat, as they saw the Catherine Palace.

At last!!!!!