The Train Ride From Hell

Meanwhile, back up on the surface, a grey 2-6-2 steam engine, with coaches, ploughs through the snowy mountains of Russia, leaving the city.

Onboard, Lightning was fixing his passport, while Pooka was next to him. Opposite them, Braedey was looking out the window, and Anya was reading a book about Paris. She looked down at her necklace, and Braedey looked at it for a second.

"Can I look at that?" He asked out of curiosity.

"Sure. Here. Take a look." Anya replied, taking off and handing the necklace to him. He looked at it, then looked at his necklace around his neck. Braedey had not taken it off him ever since the attack. Suddenly, Braedey started receiving a jab of memories, from somewhere long ago...

~*~*~*~*~*{FLASHBACK}*~*~*~*~

A white winter wonderland is all around him, snowing gently....

Someone was walking alongside him in a snowy park, wearing a blue shirt and black skirt, though the person's facial features were shrouded in darkness....

A large, long vehicle racing away into the snow-filled land, leaving behind a red and blue flamed jacket in the snow....

The sounds of guns firing and unfortunate cries of pain in the distance beyond what Braedey could see....

Then, the sound of what might be a woman grunting and maybe crying.

And finally, the sound of a woman screaming in fear...

~*~*~*~*~*{FLASHBACK}*~*~*~*~

Braedey gasped slightly, recollecting his thoughts, and gave Anya's necklace back to her. "So? Did you see something important?" She asked, since she noticed Braedey's sudden hardened expression.

"Nothing. I thought I saw something when I looked at it." Braedey turned to the window, and watched the countryside go by.

Anya sighed, then put her necklace back on, and continued to read her book. But, as she looked at braedey, she notice something was wrong. "Where did you get that necklace?" She asked, pointing to the small sword around his neck.

"I'm sorry, but that's a topic I don't wish to talk about." Braedey replied. "Also, with what I saw, I only saw a ghost...from my own past."

Lightning overheard this, and then looked over to Braedey, rather curious.

~*~*~

Later, Braedey and Anya were alone in their room, while Lightning looked around the train, seeing what here was available. Braedey looked out the window, as Anya looked and studied his features.

His body was as tall as her, about 5ft, but he was far skinner than her, but it looked like he'll fall apart at any second. His face was smooth like steel, but not sharp, and his brownish-blue eyes seemed to resemble a calming soul, one of selflessness and bravery. Finally, his smile, that one smile, it seemed to make Anya feel reassured and ready to anything that comes their way.

"Have you always been skinny?" Anya asked.

Braedey sighed deeply. "It's a genetic thing. A living nightmare."

"Oh. Okay. Are you going to miss it?"

"Miss what?"

"Russia."

Braedey looked out the window to see the countryside, then back at Anya. "Nah."

"Thought it was your home."