20 Days Of | Flashbacks

"If someday, I woke up with amnesia, what would you do?"

"Simple. I'll kiss you till you come back to your senses."

- - -

Day 10

Flashbacks

A strong memory of a past event that comes suddenly into a person's mind.

It's the tenth day and I can't help but to reminsce in our memories. Pathetic, right?

When I first saw you...

It was the first day of freshman year. You were the talk of the town, new student with a hot body and straight A record.

And god, when you stepped through the school doors wearing a pink sweater and blue shorts; I knew at the moment, I was a goner. Jaw dropped, eyes wide, and a heart beating like a hammer; I called my dibs on you before any of the boys in school could even make a single comment about you.

When you smiled at me ...

You were sitting on the bleachers during the first football match of season. There was a baseball cap on your head giving you a totally new look.

There was a rush and nervousness inside me knowing you'll be watching me play, my nerves were everywhere and I silently blamed you for it. I wanted to impress you.

Luck was on my side that day. I made the winning goal and crowd went wild.

I looked over to crowd. And then I saw you smiling, your eyes fixed on me. But when my eyes met yours, red flushed your cheeks and you looked down.

You know the moments when everything else goes black and there's only one star in your sky?

Yeah, that was the moment when my heart whispered, "She's the one."

When we first talked ...

I was not really that great about expressing my feelings and all.

So first when you came to me telling me that we're lab partners, well I opened my mouth and fucked it up.

I remember the blush on your cheeks and just like that color of your blush, I knew loving you was gonna be red.

When we became friends ...

You've a weakness and that's hot cholocate. How did I came to know this? Well, I might have bribed your girl best friend to tell me because you won't even talk to me even we were lab partners.

It was a rainy day and your mood was in dumps that day. You had this frown pasted on your face and your hairs were a mess. Your eyes were puffy and it looked like you've been crying.

It hurt me to see you sad, I wanted you to smile again.

So buying a hot chocolate drink, I sat next to you on the school stairs where you've been aimlessly sitting and watching out of glass windows.

Your fingers brushed against mine when you took the cup from my hands whispering a 'thank you' shyly.

I sighed as a little smile appeared on your face.

Raindrops tainting the window, a chorus of thunders outside, we passed some more smiles and it was the start of our new friendship.

I was sitting on the same staircase we first became friends and realised how everything has changed.

Seasons passed, rain came and went, everything is slipping away including you.

You were supposed to be constant in the middle of chaos of world. But I forgot, you are too one of them.

A gorgeous chaos who rattled away my world completely.

- - -

We made these memories for ourselves

Where our eyes are never closing

Hearts are never broken

Times forever frozen still 💔

I'm in love with this song ❤