Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Raven's POV

I was currently waiting in the car outside of 2Vile's home that Chloe had just entered. I was busy looking through several pictures I had taken of the victim's corpse. I was also looking through her previous purchases.

Three gold Rolex watches. Such an expensive gift. They had to be purchased as an intimate and affectionate gift. Indicating three possible suspects of the romantic nature. I then recall that Lucifer didn't even wear a watch.

If someone had a Rolex, then they'd naturally feel the need to show it off as a symbol of high status. This confirmed my new found suspicions that Lucifer didn't kill Delilah. He was a player from the things I learned about him online. He wouldn't get emotionally attached to one woman, it didn't fit him.

I was lost in my thoughts when I turned to see Chloe getting into the car.

"Hello, doctor," I recognize the smooth voice of Lucifer greeting me from behind.

"She arrested you, didn't she?," I ask without even looking at him. I was flipping through the pictures from the crime scene.

"Only for a tiny little threat to a poor excuse for a musician."

"You know, rap music is merely a way of self expression for certain African American tribes. It often tries to express many shared views and struggles within their community. Though, I have to say, 2 Vile does not do anything to benefit the musical genre. He's just trying to be Tupac, but failing miserably," I say flatly before turning to Chloe,"He couldn't have hired the gunman. Mr. Morningstar does not get emotionally attached to his sexual encounters. Though, I believe anyone who knew the victim that possesses a golden Rolex could be a possible ex-lover."

"Ray, what makes you think that?," Chloe asks as she begins to drive.

"Purchasing such an extravagant gift simply has to have a romantic or highly intimate meaning to the victim upon giving the gift. There are three purchases of them within the last three years. Meaning each purchase was apart from the other just long enough to indicate a possibility of relationships taking place between them."

"Ray, you really gotta stop showing off," Chloe chuckled.

"You know I don't do such things. I am merely stating facts and the most likely probabilities as I usually do."

"Raven, I must say, you are absolutely brilliant. Never have I been so attracted to a woman as I am right now," Lucifer seductively purrs right near my ear.

I smirk and swiftly smack the cage behind me, causing him to jump back with a start. This made Chloe chuckle softly as she glanced at the rearview mirror.

"I would prefer it that you maintain the formality of calling me Doctor or Dr. Poe while we are in a professional setting."

"So I can use the lovely name of yours when you're off duty? And I could make you scream mine. Again," he said suggestively.

"Yes, I suppose so. It would be a satisfactory way to blow off steam once this case is officially closed," I respond while still emerging myself into the grisly pictures before me.

I hadn't even noticed the conversation that Chloe had just had on the phone. I only realized a change in our destination when unnoticed Chloe make a turn that would lead us to Trixie's school.

"I'm guessing something happened and Jackass is incapable of picking her up," I speculate as I close the folder. Chloe nods, not saying a word in her rage as usual.

Lucifer chuckles,"Is that what you call the ex?"

"Yes, I absolute loathe the bastard. Have since I met him."

"So how long have you two known one another?," he asked curiously as he leaned forward.

I turned to make eye contact with him,"Our entire lives. Our parents were friends through work. Her mom is my godmother and I'm now the godmother to Chloe's daughter. And I'm sure that when I decide to reproduce she will be the godmother to my offspring. Then they will be in her care in the event of my most likely gruesome death."

"You have such a lovely way of saying things, don't you?," he says with a chuckle. His voice dripped with sarcasm.

"I like to call it brutal honesty on the truly dark reality of life. Like the Addams Family."