"Cookie why don't you wait on Liza first" Lucious voiced his thoughts.

"It really don't matter if she's here or not" she rolled her eyes.

"I'll go get her" Kyon said standing up.

He ran up to her room and gently knocked on the door. Pushing the door open he walked inside to see her sleeping with books surrounding her on the bed and one on her chest wrapped in her arms.

He sighed knowing that she probably didn't sleep at all last night. Ever since the whole confrontation with her mother she wasn't really the same to him. She was unhappy and he knew it, he makes sure to try and get her to smile as much as possible everyday but it doesn't really help much.

He often caught her studying too much and pushing her body to do alot sometimes. He took all the books from off of her and stacked them nearly on the table. While trying to take the one on her chest he couldn't help to feel the dead skin from the cuts she had placed up on herself.

He clenched his jaw and slowly turned over her arm to get a better look. Perfect. It was carved in her skin, he knew something was off about her. She seemed sad and depressed but no matter how much he tried to talk to her about it she would say.

I'm fine

"Liza" he shook her body and she frowned before opened her eyes, as soon as she saw that it was him she gave him a light smile.

"Time to get up mama we got school"

"Thanks for waking me"

"You still look tired"

"I am" she laughed sitting up, stretching a little.

"I told you, you can't be studying straight like that, gotta take breaks"

"I do" she crawled over to him and wrapped her arms around his torso and laid on his chest.

"Mhmm"

"Don't 'mhmm' me I take breaks"

"Shut up lyin'."

"I'm not babe, I do take breaks they aren't long but I take em"

"Will you stop over workin' yo' self?"

"I don't do that"

"Yes you do, what time ya went to sleep last night"

"3 o' clock this morning" she mumbled.

"See dats the shit I'm talkin' bout, you can't ace these exams if you not alive to take em"

"I'm sorry I'll stop" she hugged him tighter.

"Please, with yo' diabetes ya' scare me sometimes"

"I'm sorry"

"Ya good ma just stop"

"I will, I love you"

"I luh ya to baybeh okay?"

"Okay" she giggled.

"Come we got breakfast"

"Oh great" she mumbled with sarcasm flooding her voice.

Walking into the dining room Liza took a seat right beside Kyon. The tension in the room was thick, as usaul, between everyone.

"Morning"

"Morning" Lucious smiled at her.

"Took yo ass long enough"

"You know what I'm just going to go straight to school" She stood and walked out ignoring her mother calling her.