6: Welcome to the Family

Start from the beginning

I feel the pride radiating off of Greyson as his eyes burn holes into the side of my face.

My mom smiles and stands up from the seat. She walks over towards us and wraps Greyson into a tight hug.

"Welcome to the family," She smiles. He stiffens slightly but pats her back softly.

My dad growls but is quickly put at ease as mom walks back over into his arms.

"I'm still wary of you. One wrong move and your dead," If looks could kill Greyson would be six feet under by now. The two alphas stare at each other until my dad takes my mother's hand and leads her upstairs.

"Oh! Before we go to bed, Greyson you can sleep in the guest room DOWN stairs," Mom narrows her eyes at us before following my dad up to bed.

"Well at least your mom semi likes me," Greyson laughs. I can't help but smile as his voice sounds like music to my ears.

"I should go to bed," My voice raspy with fatigue.

"Oh yeah! We'll be leaving at 9 though so make sure you have a few things packed. We can send someone to get the rest of your stuff." He says and begins to walk down the hall to the guest room.

My brows furrow and confusion flows through my veins.

"Excuse me?" I cross my arms over my chest and frown at him.

"What?" He looks at me with a frown mirroring my own.

"What do you mean we are leaving at 9 so pack a few things?" If he thinks I am just going to pack up and leave my pack then he has another thing coming.

"We are going home? To Black Peak," He says in a duh tone. I roll my eyes and give him a look.

"My home is here. So I don't know what you are talking about when you say that we are leaving to go back to your pack. I'm not leaving," I reply forcefully.

His jaw clenches as his eyes flicker between gold and blue.

"We are going back to my pack and that is final," He demands in his alpha tone.

My mouth falls open in shock. He did not just use that tone with me.

"I am not leaving," I give him a hard glare as he continues to clench and unclench his jaw in annoyance.

"We will finish this discussion in the morning, I'm not going to argue with you right now," He sighs in frustration before turning around and disappearing down the hall.

I flinch as he slams the door shut. My body slumps but I turn away and make my way up the stairs. My ears perk up at the sound of crying.

I frown and follow the soft sobs to Noah's closed bedroom. Without a second thought I slowly open the door and creep quietly into his room. My eyes soften as I look at Noah's curled up body on his bed.

"Noah?"

He stops hiccuping and sniffles quickly.

"Yeah?" His voice hoarse.

"Whats wrong bubby?" I say softly and sit next to him on the edge of his bed. He turns to face me, his blue eyes glistening and his cheeks rosy.

"I just thought I'd find my mate tonight," He whispers sadly. I sigh and lay next to him, pulling him into my side.

"It's okay. Not everyone finds their mate on their exact birthday. It could take days, weeks, months, even years. Heck, it took me two years to find my mate," I rely softly as I stroke his head.

"But you didn't even want a mate. You didn't even care," He replies gruffly.

"Thats not true," I reply sadly as memories come flooding back, "There were nights where I would silently cry myself to sleep, wondering if I was ever going to find my mate. After endless nights of crying and praying to the moon goddess, I just sort of gave up. I just accepted the fact that maybe I don't have a mate. And after a while I liked the idea of not having one."

He sniffles again but sits up. I sit up as well and look at his bloodshot eyes.

"I'm sorry... I didn't know," His voice quiet. I give him a small smile for reassurance and pat his shoulder.

"It's okay, but try and get some sleep. And don't think too much about it. The day will come when you meet your mate," I smile and kiss the top of his head before standing up.

He smiles back and lays back down on his bed. I quietly shut his door and walk across the hall into my own bedroom.

I strip off the golden gown and flop into bed with just my undergarments on. After struggling to get the sheets around my body, I nuzzle my face into my pillow.

"If only Greyson were in here with us..." My wolf grumbles quietly. I roll my eyes and snuggle deeper into my comforter.

After a few more minutes of trying to fight off my wolf's dirty thoughts, I groan and get out of my bed. I wrap my silk robe around myself and tip toe down the stairs.

I continue to tip toe down the hall until I reach the guest bedroom door. My hand reaches out to open the doorknob but I stop myself.

This is a bad idea. I shouldn't be doing this. I bite my lip but before I have time to turn I feel my hand grip the knob and open it slowly.

I creep slowly into the room, the only sounds are his soft snores. My lips turn up into a smile as I gaze at his peaceful features.

His eyelashes rest beautifully against his cheeks, his mouth slightly open. I carefully pull up the sheet and slide into bed next to him.

He stirs and quickly opens his eyes.

"Elaine?" His husky voice sends shivers down my spine.

"Shh," I hush him quickly and snuggle into his warm, bare chest. He doesn't argue and wraps his arm around me securely.

"Fuck, why did you come in here with just your robe on?" He mumbles as he shifts his body.

My cheeks burn crimson but I stay silent and close my eyes. Sleep overtaking my consciousness as I listen to Greyson's strong, steady heartbeat

******************************************
Danggggg okay so longerish chapter i think? But I hope you like it!

Also I suck and am trying to get back into writing, but of course the doc with the entire story plot line was deleted so I feel like I am starting from scratch soooo kill me :)

Please vote and leave a comment!
<3M