Can't Believe

I stood in the mirror on my tour bus and examined my outfit. I wore a burgundy v-neck sweater, a burgundy and green high waisted skirt, construction boot Timberlands, and gold bamboo earrings. I didn't exactly match but I didn't exactly care either. I was more concerned about the fact that I'm going on a date with whom I claimed to hate with the upmost burning passion. I refused to let any of my friends know being that they all would clown me for life and Chris would some how find out and bring it up to the court to get back at me for what I put him through.

I stepped off the bus and found Trevor walking right toward mine wearing a black American Eagle sweater and some black Timberlands. He smiled at me and touched my shoulder lightly. "Thought you would change your mind," he said putting his hands in his pockets. I shrugged.

"Where are we going?" I questioned biting my nails.

"No where fancy, but no where public," he answered motioning me to follow him. I did as he asked and found myself following him into what looked like a garage. I furrowed my eye brows and stopped following him. "Where are we?"

"We're in my home town, Indiana," he said, "I had your driver take you to a hangout me and my friends found when we were twelve." I nodded my head and watched as he cracked open the lock and then pulled the door up. He permitted me to walk in first and he followed behind me, shutting the door after stepping inside. The lights flickered on and there was a flat screen TV hanging on the wall and tubs full of video games scattered all around the room with the year labeled on each of them.

Then there were bean bag chairs in front of the TV and a fridge as well as a deep freezer in the corner of the room. "We've upgraded since we were twelve as you can see," he said with a smile, "I ordered a pizza is that fine with you?"

"Yeah... What do you do in the winter? All the snow and it's freezing. I would die out here," I wondered looking over at him.

"When we were little we would layer up, when we had jobs we put in money to buy a heater," he responded running his hand along the dry wall in admiration, "Did you ever have a hang out with your friends?"

"No, I didn't really have friends growing up. Katrina is the only one and we just hung out at her house," I stated taking a seat in a bean bag chair.

"Oh... Well we have video games and movies and lots of other things to do," he explained, "Tell me what you like and I got you." No one ever knew this about me, but Trevor and I were here to learn things about each other besides the negative so I took a risk.

"Is your xbox plugged up? I really love Call Of Duty, preferably zombies..." I requested as my voice trailed off in nervousness.

"You play video games?!" He asked amazed.

"Well I have five brothers and they're all older than me... So yes," I answered smiling just a little.

"Well I happen to be a boss on this game,"

"Oh really? What's that supposed to do? Scare me?"

"Basically. You against a big strong man,"

"You talkin shit huh?"

"I'll get the controllers and we'll see if you're as good as you say you are, beautiful,"

"Bring it on, I have skills for days,"

With that being said, I took the cordless controller from his hands and we began to play the game without hesitation. Call Of Duty wasn't the kind of game where you would play against the person for points, you'd play to stay alive in the game. But this time, Trevor and I were playing to see who would survive the longest.