"Okay, Rhalla," Azabela spoke loudly over Hench as she pulled on her clothes, cutting off the rest of her words. She had anticipated a sassy interjection from the mighty woman the moment the words had left her mouth. Now, both of them looked at each other with profound grins. The archer shook her head. "You have to know you are literally the only person in the world who takes time to thoroughly fold their clothes before taking someone to bed."

Hench's nose twitched and then her grin grew wider until it fully encompassed her face, showing off a bright set of teeth. "And that is precisely why my robes are clean and you look like a filthy heathen," she teased.

No more was said between the two women. Azabela threw her arms around the guardian, so tightly that she might've squeezed the breath out of Hench. They both understood that this was goodbye for now. Once they left their room, both Iris and Hench would depart, leaving the archer and her grandmother behind to try and sell to this village instead.

"Remember that you promised to come home more often," Azabela whispered, not releasing her beloved.

"Don't you worry girl," Hench said, subconsciously moving her hair through the huntress's tresses. "I never forget my promises."

And with that, the two finished getting ready and packed, leaving the room and another successful mission behind them.

----

Hench hadn't said much to Iris on the way back to the sanctuary. Ever since they'd left Sorella and Azabela at the village, every bit of her mentor's thoughts were focused on getting back to Master Dyran with the report. Iris hadn't really said much to Hench either, considering the woman had been irritated for the past three days --ever since a series of passing storms had slowed their travels.

And now, a week later, both women stood in front of the guardian sanctuary. It didn't look as intimidating this time around as it had when the rogue had first come. Surprisingly, an odd sense of home fell over the rogue. She couldn't place it, but she was certainly at ease when she saw the white, vine-covered walls again --even if that did mean that she'd resume getting her ass beat and having to meditate every day.

Hench didn't stop to admire. The guardian moved with renewed purpose towards the front doors. Iris followed behind without question, having to adapt to a sort of jog to keep up with her mentor's incredibly long strides.

As she went, she couldn't help but feeling a little nervous at meeting the master of the Guardian sanctuary for the first time.

Hench led Iris through a series of long hallways, and then through one section of the living quarters --where the actual guardians stayed. Iris took a minute to observe the name plates nailed to the wall beside each one's personal chamber. All men's names, of course. Iris didn't see Hench's room anywhere --nor did she see Kayde's. In the back of her mind, Iris couldn't wait to have her little name plate up here by a room.

Both of the women passed through and continued down the corridor until they came to a staircase.

Hench started up it, and so Iris did too, even more anxious than before.

It wasn't long before they reached another door. It was a lone door, stationed at the end of a nice hallway. Iris would have taken time to observe the paintings hanging on the wall had Hench not been in such a hurry. When they reached the end, Iris found that this room had a name plate too. Iris read the inscription. Master Dyran Morvais --the leader of the sanctuary. Hench knocked.

A smooth voice came from the other side. "Come in."

They took no time in accepting the invitation. When Iris walked in, she saw a singular man sitting at a desk. He looked to be quite a bit older than Iris --even quite a bit older than Hench. His hair was long, intricately done, and the uniform black color of Eldia mind for a couple hints of grey woven into his braids. His face was tan and crinkled at the corners of his eyes. What startled Iris the most, though, was that his eyes were green. That made three men she knew with green eyes.