Mothers

Hope you enjoy this chapter :3

"Welcome to my bedroom Ash."
The place was huge, it was probably the the size of my house.
There where humungous Windows, she had a king sized bed, a flat screen T.V and loads of other expensive and fancy stuff.
"Wow." I say. "Yer I know, now come on I want to out of this house."
Serena gathers her things and then we head out the house, well mansion.
I text my mum.
Me: we're just coming, see you soon.
Mom: ok dear, I've set up a mattress in your room for you or Serena to sleep on.
Me: ok mom thx bye.
Mom: bye dear.
"Come on then Serena!"
I start sprinting.
"Ash! Wait!"
We eventually get my house.
"We're here!" I call out. "Wow, your place is so small." "Thanks Serena." I say sarcastically. "Oh, sorry if offended you." "No, it's ok, let's go in, it's starting to get dark."
I check the time and it's 8:30pm, I must have been at the medical for ages, no wonder it felt like so long.
I pull the key to my house out my pocket and open the door.
As I walk in I get attacked by my mom.
"Hi honey, how was your day!" "It was fine mom." "Oh is this the girl you were talking about."
She points to Serena.
"You must be Serena correct?" She asks. "Um, yes ma'am, I'm Serena." "Dear, you don't have to call me that, call me Delia. Anyway, I have some food on the table if your hungry." "Thanks mom!"
I rush into the living and start chewing down my food.
I finish my food as Serena sits down. She just looks at me in astonishment, then starts eating.
We sit there in an awkward silence till she has finished.
"That was one of the most delicious meals I've ever had, you're so lucky to have such a great mom Ash." "I'm sure your mom is great at cooking too."
At that moment I remember what Serena said before.
Flashback
"My mom's dead, my dad abuses me and I get bullied every day of my life!"
End of flashback
I'm so stupid! I bet Serena is going to be depressed now. Great job Ash!
"I-I'm going to take my place out and t-thank your m-mum."
I could tell she was trying to hold back tears.
She stands up and heads out the room.
I'm such a good friend, aren't I.
I sigh. Serena would have probably been better off if she hadn't met me.
She walks back into the room.
"Um, A-Ash, I-I'm going to g-go g-get changed." "Ok Serena, I'll meet you in my bedroom." "O-ok."
As Serena walks out my mom comes in with a worried expression on her face.
"Did something happen with you and Serena?" She asks. "Um, kind of, well I mentioned her mom and forgot that her mom passed away and I made her upset." "It's ok Ash, just talk to her, I'm sure she'll feel much better if she tells someone." "Ok thanks mom."
I rush upstairs and into my bedroom to wait for Serena.
I knew girls took a long time in the bathroom, but I'd never waited for one before, so I thought it wouldn't be THAT long.
Well, I was wrong, because they take YEARS to get ready.
After a century of waiting she finally comes out the bathroom. (She is wearing her xy pyjamas by the way.)
"Um, hi Serena." I say. "H-hi A-Ash, I-is it o-ok if I g-go to b-bed n-now?" "Wait! Serena, I just want to say that I'm really sorry, I forgot what you said about your mum and I feel really bad now. Is there anything I can do to help?" "I-it's fine Ash, I'm sorry for making you feel bad." "There's no need to to say sorry, if you need to talk about anything then just tell me, I want to help you." "Ok, thanks Ash. There is something I want to talk about." "What is it?" "Well, you probably want to know why my dad attacked me." "Yer I kinda do." "Well it all started when I was little. My dad would always get drunk and beat my mom when he came back from the pub. Once my mum died he would come into my room instead and he'd repeatedly shout at me. He would say that I was useless and that if I ever got a friend, he would beat me until I was a lump of flesh and bones."
She started to tear up so I pulled her into a hug.
"It's ok Serena, I'll be here for you." "Thanks Ash." "Now let's get some sleep shall we."
I wipe the tears off Serena's face with my thumb.
"U-um, Ash." "Yer Serena." "I've never had a sleepover before so Thankyou for letting me stay." "No problem, you can stay anytime ok." "Ok thanks." She grins at me.
She's so cute when she does that. Wait, I just called her cute again. What is wrong with me today!
I jump onto the mattress and pull the covers over me.
"Ash you can sleep in the bed, I don't mind sleeping on the floor." "No, you're the guest so you get to sleep on the bed." "Ok, thanks Ash." "No problem Serena. Goodnight." "Night Ash."
I close my eyes and drift into a deep sleep.