O.15

O.15// Fighting Parents and Entering His Lair

"Fine, Brynn can stay at our mansion with her own 'bodyguard' so that she's also safe." Azor sighed, walking ahead of me to my locker.

"It's Beth, idiot."

"Yeah yeah, now are you going to tell me why she doesn't safe anymore?"

"I-I actually don't know why. She didn't tell me."

"Maybe you should find out so her bodyguard knows what to protect her from."

"Maybe she doesn't want anyone to know." I commented, shoving textbooks and binders in my locker to add to the mess.

"God, you girls are so difficult!" I turned and faced him with a raised eyebrow and a hand on my hip.

"You want to take that back, boy?"

"You're just all so confusing! 'I'm scared and I want to feel safe, protect me' but we don't know what you're actually afraid of, therefore we don't know how to approach the situation and actually make you feel safe again."

"That was deep." Azor rolled his at me so I added to my reply. "Okay, yeah I get what you mean. It's just that you have to understand that some things are left better unsaid for people. Even though in our conscious we know we're safe, our paranoia gets the best of us and sends us overdrive. Girls don't eant to experience that, trust me, been there done that."

"Don't joke about your past like that." Azor gritted his teeth and I held my hands up in surrender.

"Didn't know my past that didn't involve you offended you so much."

"It does because I actually do care about your feelings."

"Can we just find Beth and talk to her about the arrangements?" I asked, trying to ignore his comment.

"That's what lunch is for, we have to get you to class on time. You dont mind missing one lunch this week, right?" I held my breath before shaking my head. "Good, let's go."

"Beth!" I grabbed her arm and spun her to face me. She smiled once she identified it as me as I pulled her into the bathroom. Azor was in there waiting.

"What's going on?" She asked looking back and forth between us.

"You can stay at the gang's mansion, and you'll get to choose a member you feel most comfortable with."

"Great! I talked to my mom with lots of convincing and she agreed surprisingly."

"Great, so enough chit chat and now lunch?" Azor offered. "Went faster than I expected."

"I'm sitting with you guys."

"Okay, Azor we'll catch up with you, I need to talk to Beth for a minute." He gave me a look before nodding and leaving. Beth's eyebrows were furrowed as I turned back to her.

"Why don't you feel safe?"

"Ser-"

"No, Bethany you will tell me or I won't let you come anymore."

"You can't do that to me." She crossed her arms.

"I just want to understand you."

"It's Justin."

"What happened? Did he try to touch you?"

"We kissed and confessed our feelings but then I found him kissing a bimbo an hour after."

"B-"

"He tried to pin me to his bed and promise it was a drunken mistake, but then I slapped him and he hit me back."