O.12

O.12// Pool Parties and Kisses

"You'll stay by my side all day, promise?" Azor asked me, lifting his pinky. I laughed before locking my own pinky finger with his. "I promise, now can we go to the swimming party or what?" I whined and he rolled his yes.

"Come on." He grabbed my hand and dragged me down stairs and out the back yard. Most of the grade was already here, in the pool or around the pool laughing and talking. I honestly don't know why Azor offered to host the spring pool party for the seniors. Maybe he thought it would make me feel safer to go?

"So, ready to take off that cover-up of yours, hottie?" Lilah smirked. I rolled my eyes but took it off, earning an "ooh girl" from her.

"Whatever, I'm getting in the pool and Azor has to stay with me all day so come and look like you have friends or stay and be a loner." I patted her shoulder and made my way to the pool, knowing Azor would catch up to me to fulfill my end of the promise.

Earning countless stares I started to feel a little less of myself and doubted even coming down to join the party. I just thought I would let myself have fun for a little, but everyone keeps looking at me.

The water reached my hips as my heart started to thump faster and harder. My eyes darted all over seeing everyone's judgemental stares. I looked too fat in this suit, it showed my flabby stomach.

Noticing the other girl's flat stomachs in their tight suits I realized how much of a whale I was. I swallowed a lump and struggled to breathe as my head started spinning. I turned to Azor who was eyeing me funny. Not him, too.

"I change my mind. I want to go to my room." I choked, my tears burning my eyes.

"Come here." He grabbed my hand and led me out of the pool back inside where nobody was allowed access. "Sit and I'll get you a water. Just focus on deep breaths." I did as told and sat on the stool in the kitchen and took slow deep breaths. Azor returned in less than a minute with the water and handed it to me, letting me take sips.

"Want to tell me what spiked that?" I shook the glass in my hand and stared at the table.

"Everyone was staring and it psyched me out. No biggie, just not my comfort zone."

"You used to be a party animal before Fletcher. He didn't change that did he?"

"Kind of." I set the glads on the counter. "Parties sometimes trigger the... assaults."

"You don't have your medicine here, I can get that for you-"

"I'm fine now, but Beth has an extra bottle, I can ask her for it so we don't have to sneak into Cade's house."

"Fine, but do you think you want to still go join the party?"

"Is Cade here?" Before Azor could answer there was loud arguing outside the glass doors. We both turned and looked to find the commotion was exactly who we were talking about. Cade was arguing with Lilah, and it looked as if he was trying to get inside the house.

"Show time." I muttered, turning to Azor. "What should we do?"

"He's looking inside at us, look flirty and come here." Azor said while purposely smirking. I faked a giggle and got off the stool before making my way to Azor on his own stool. I didnt know what to do when I reached him, but apparently he already planned this out. Before I could say anything he reached down to my waist and picked me up and sat me on his lap. My arms naturally wrapped around his neck as he leaned closer and rested his forehead on mine.

"You want to go out there and show him who's boss?" Azor whispered, staring into my eyes. I couldn't take my eyes off of his because I haven't seen anything like them. Green with dark green in the middle and brown on the outside. A type of hazel I assumed.

"Not really." Did I mention his hair felt soft from the tips of my hands?

"Then what do you want to do instead?" Did I mention he was shirtless?

"Escape." Did I mention he has abs?

"I know exactly the place. Want to change first?" Did I mention he has a scar just above his right brow?

"No." Did I mention his skin was soft?

"Then let's go." He helped me off the stool and led me to the garage where we hopped in his grey Mercedes and sped away from the party.

Azor ended up taking me to a hill that overlooked part of the city. The sun was just setting, casting a pinkish hue to the sky. The grass wasn't prickly like it was freshly cut, but it was slightly overgrown and soft.

We were laying in the grass, looking at the city in silence.

"Pink or blue?" He asked.

"Blue. Orange or red?"

"Orange. Pancakes or waffles?"

"Waffles." He gasped.

"What?"

"Didn't take you as a traitor." He placed a hand on his chest and I rolled my eyes, pushing him slightly.

"Get off your high horse. Sunsets or sunrises?"

"Sunrises."

"Why's that?"

"Not many people see them. Nobody wants to get up early enough to appreciate a beautiful change in the sky's colors but they will stop and watch the night cast over. Sunrises aren't appreciated as much as they should be."

"Wow."

"Didn't take me as poetic?"

"Not in the slightest."

"Ha, don't get used to it."

"I'll try not to." I smiled as my eyes grazed over the clouds.

"What more was it to the mini panic attack?" Azor asked suddenly. I held a breath.

"I just realized I looked like a whale compared to all the girls. Everyone was staring at me and I could just hear their judgemental and critical thoughts. I started to feel suffocated."

"Is that usually what happens?"

"Unless it's a trigger to a memory with Fletcher, yes. If it's a memory that's when I blow up and go mental asylum insane if you know what I mean."

"Yeah, I saw it firsthand." I laughed lightly. " You aren't, though." I rolled my head to look over at him confused, but he was already looking at me. "You aren't a 'whale' compared to the other girls. You're not even close." I remained silent and looked back up at the sky.

"I don't know what you're so scared of now. Cade's out of the picture now, except for the revenge part, and Fletcher doesn't stand a chance. What's there left to fear?"

"Being alone. Everyone eventually abandons me. My old best friend Grace left me to be in the popular crowd and told them all my deepest darkest secrets to be accepted in. My older brother ran away before I reached high school without a goodbye. Fletcher used and ditched me then continued to finish his use out of me. His love eventually disappeared. My parents sold me off in the name of marriage to a murderer they met a week before. They haven't contacted me since I left. Cade tricked me and now he's gone. Beth is slipping through my fingers like sand before my eyes and I'm not doing anything about it, because I'm starting to realize I'm giving up in everything. I loved all of those people, minus Cade. They all leave, Azor." I turned my head to look at him. "And I'm becoming numb because of it."

Before I could think another thought or say another thing Azor crashed his lips onto mine.

•••

Hyped184+:$)}9jdbd