10

i wake up to the sound of my phone ringing, groaning in annoyance, i check the caller ID.

Nate.

i put the phone to my ear after huffing in annoyance, what could this kid want this early?

"Nate?" i say quietly, my voice still croaky.

"Kiran?! K i need your help" he says with a shaky voice making me nervous

i shoot up straight away and go and get dressed after putting the phone on speaker, setting it on the shelf next to my clothes.

"Nate, whats going on? Are you okay?!" i ask rushing to put my shoes on and tie my hair up in a ponytail, rushing to the door, grabbing the car keys for the range rover and leaving, not even telling Indi im leaving.

"come over quick, somethings wrong with Derek, he's sweating and shaking, i don't wanna call the ambulance incase it's caused by drugs or some shit." he says rushing his words.

"call the ambulance Nate! he could be dying and the best you could do was call me?!" i say speeding up towards the car.

"i know i know, but if it is drugs then we could get in some serious shit K, please just hurry" he says pleading me to go, and thats exactly what i do.

"alright Nate, i'll be there in 10, keep him still and give him some water"

i hear him sigh while moving around

"thank you" he says before hanging up the phone, i lock my phone and put it in my pocket before driving out of the building and heading straight for Nate's house, going at least 15 Kilometres over the speed limit, this shits got me scared now, there might be something seriously wrong with him.

i arrive at the house in just under 10 minutes, getting out as fast as i can, not even bothering to lock the car or nock on the front door, i burst into the house, hearing Nate yelling at Derek to stay awake, when i hear that my heart drops, shit.

i run into the lounge room and see derek lying on the couch, pale, covered in sweat and shaking, i drop everything and run straight to him, leaning over him and cupping his face in my hands, his head is burning, and his lips are turning blue.

"K, i don't k-know wh-ats h-happening, help" he says grabbing my wrist.

"Ssh, it's okay, your gonna be okay" i say grabbing his hand and getting my phone from the floor a few feet away from me.

"Nate, call the ambulance, i don't care if this is drugs, call the fucking ambulance NOW!" i shout as i start stressing out, wiping all the hair off Derek's forehead, his eyes start to shut and i freak out.

"DEREK! DEREK DONT YOU FUCKING DARE CLOSE YOUR EYES!" i yell as tears start to fall down my face, and i can hear Swazz freaking out behind me.

"hello, umm i need an ambulance at (random address) please, my friend, he's sweating and shaking and i don't know what to do"

it's silent for a while before i hear Nate say a quick "thank you", hanging up the phone.

"they'll be here in 10 minutes." he says putting my phone on the coffee table and coming to sit next to me, grabbing Derek's shoulder.

"hang in there man, you'll be fine" he says as i see a tear flow out of his eye,making my heart break a little.

i let go of Derek's hand and wrap my arms around Nate's neck, him hugging me around the waist, we sit there in silence for a while until i feel him break down beneath me, sobbing, clenching on to the back of my shirt, crying into my neck, surely leaving my shirt wet, i really didn't give a fuck though, i just need Derek to be okay.