FAQ

The following are the most frequent questions that I've receive in regards to Last Dance

The following are the most frequent questions that I've receive in regards to Last Dance. I hope these answers will somewhat satisfy your burning curiosity.

Are the chapter titles associated with what the chapter is about or it a reference to different dances simply because of the title of the book?

➳ Each title is a 'hint' to what the chapter entails. Though sometimes the meanings are deliberate red herrings, there are some that are actually very telling of the events that will happen in a (hopefully) subtle way.

Be that as it may, they're not fundamentally important for readers to know / be aware of only because most don't know the precise definition of the dances. Albeit, I find it to be most interesting for those that do, and an Easter egg of sorts, because they might understand the meaning. So, it's like this: if a dance is slow paced this equates to a slow burning chapter, if it is fast paced it is a filler chapters and so on.

Will there be spin-offs, sequels?

➳ Absolutely! Last Dance is the first instalment of a series of books that spans under the same universe. To read more related works, redirect via my profile.

Delilah and Raleigh just met. Why is she so devastated when she turns him down, after only one night of knowing him?

➳ Last Dance is, fundamentally, a retelling of Cinderella. And like the infamous tale, Raleigh x Delilah were smitten with each other almost instantaneously after sharing their first dance. So you see, in Delilah's POV, it does feel like she's been searching high and low for her Prince Charming for years, because in true hopeless romantic fashion, she's been searching for him, her entire life — she's been looking for The One.

Now imagine having found that and losing it all at once.

Throughout the events of LD, did Raleigh know Delilah wasn't divorced yet?

➳ He knew they weren't together anymore then after their night spent together, I like to think during their 'deep talks' that she told him all the nitty gritty details of her last marriage. She also made a point to stop wearing her wedding band. She was always honest with Raleigh about her relationship status and that's why he kept pursuing her. Besides, Chris x Lila were already separated.

Are Harper x Dove endgame?

➳ Read their spin-off to find out.

But... I shipped Harper x Lila!

➳ Harper x Lila are the type of couple that are theoretically perfect for each other on paper.