Author's Note: The Talky Bit and the Thanky Bit

Well, Chapelites, it's finally the end of the series and I say finally with a roll of the eyes because it has been (after checking and realising my initial calculation was wrong) three years since I started posting The Whitechapel Chronicles here on Wattpad.

Yes, I know

Yes, I know. Three years. It seems vaguely ridiculous, if I'm being honest and while I'm sure many of you have been frustrated over the length of time it has taken me to finish the series, none of you could have possibly hit the levels of frustration that I have throughout. I never intended it to take this long but then again, when I first started writing Playing Dead, I never intended to write a series and I certainly never intended to finish on a book that was over 200k words long. Cue another roll of the eyes

I know I have often apologised before for the sporadic updates, but having finally come to the end, I feel I need to say it again, because let's face it, if this wasn't Wattpad, NO ONE would wait this long for a series to be finished

I know I have often apologised before for the sporadic updates, but having finally come to the end, I feel I need to say it again, because let's face it, if this wasn't Wattpad, NO ONE would wait this long for a series to be finished. Playing Dead was a joy to write, having completed a massive chunk of the book before I started posting and it was something new and exciting. The Lost was a little more taxing, because suddenly I'd thrown Megan into this crazy supernatural world of God and the Devil, angels and demons, and it took a lot of working out what the Hell I was going to do with her. But Savage Wings was a whole other headache altogether.

I promised myself that I would do what I had done with Playing Dead and write as much as I could before starting to post and then I found myself getting drawn back in far too quickly, with no pre-written chapters to back me up. It's fair to say that the first half of 2015 was a total creative low for me, for reasons I won't go into here, but after that I struggled to pick up the pace again. I lost a lot of readers for different reasons, but many, I'm glad to say, stuck with me and continued to stick with me, despite the fact that the book wasn't going anywhere fast. Work got in the way far too many times and writing often took a back seat. In short, it wasn't the best writing experience I've ever had.

If anyone tells you that writing serialised fiction is fun: DON'T BELIEVE THEM. Those people are clearly insane and shouldn't be trusted. It's tough and it's pressurised and it's not particularly conducive for creativity and quite frankly, most of the time, the ONLY thing that kept me going was, well, you guys. As I sat languishing between updates, I watched in awe and envious horror as so many writers churned out book after book and I'll make no bones about the fact that I often wished that their fingers would fall off in the night and they'd have to learn to write with their toes. THINK YOU'RE GOING TO BE SO PRODUCTIVE TRYING TO TYPE WITH YOUR TOES, HUH? THINK AGAIN!