Chapter 4: Bar Fight

[Time Skip, One Week Later]

I sighed as I looked through the scope of my rifle.

Me: "Let's try to hurry up. We have a test in the morning and I doubt we'd want to be half asleep for it."

I spoke through the com.

Ghost: "It's for Professor Port's class, you could do that with your eyes closed."

Me: "You know I hate to take risks when it comes to my perfect GPA. Anyway, you find anything yet?"

Ghost: "Yeah, a whole lot of nothing."

Me: "Damn it. Alright, come on back, I'm gonna chose our next location myself."

Ghost: "Roger."

I put my rifle in its case and slung it over my shoulder. I then hopped off the building and decided to check in on Smoke and Dark.

Me: "Smoke, Dark. How's it going?"

I waited a few seconds.

Smoke: "Everything is fine (C/N) for the fifth time in ten minutes."

I sighed. I guess I get nervous when the team splits up. Me being a sniper I depend on someone to cover me at close range, just like how my team depends on me to provide overwatch and support as needed. An example being, if Dark and Smoke went on a mission they'd be at a severe disadvantage against anyone with a gun, just like how Ghost and I are at a disadvantage against melee fighters.

Me: "Alright, alright. Just let me know if something comes up."

Smoke: "Got it. Though I doubt anything will, we're just sitting in the dorm."

Ghost came over and started up his bike.

Ghost: "So where we going?"

Me: "Junior's bar."

Ghost: "Need a drink?"

Me: "Not exactly."

I hopped on the bike and we fish-tailed before speeding off.

[Time Skip, To Junior's]

We walked through the doors to the bar and came to the sight of many people dancing while the base of the music thumped in the background. I scanned the area and found Junior, he was tending to the bar. I walked over and sat on a stool, while Ghost went to search around, getting his attention. I set my case down beside me and tapped my finger on the bar.

Me: "You're Junior, right?"

Junior: "Depends who's asking, kid."

Me: "I've heard you came into contact with a certain orange haired thief. I need to know where he's at."

Junior: "I don't have to tell you anything. Besides. I have no idea where he's at."

I sighed.

Me: "Well, alright. Then pour me some Southern Comfort, I've searched enough today."

Junior: "You're a bit young to be asking for alcohol kid."

Me: "Are we really gonna start arguing moral issues?"